icon

03 f150 door trigger viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
03fx4604 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

Ok this is the last part of my viper install that i havent figured out.

The green wire coming from the viper 24 pin connector (-) door trigger input (n/c or n/c) is supposed to go to the stock Black yellow(-) and Blank pink (-)

Am i using both stock wires or just one? Others have said that i need a diode for this to function correctly, and others have said that i can wire the green viper wire to the dome light wire, but this will only tell me a door is open not which door is open is this true?

Thanks guys

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
Door Trigger blk/yel (L) & blk/pnk (R) - each door harness
Notes: The BLACK / YELLOW catches the driver door and the BLACK/ pink catches the passenger door. The wires are found in their respective door harness. On the Super Crew the rear door trigger is BLACK/ lt. blue low in the driver kick panel. Use all wires and diode isolate each from the GEM module, refer to DirectFax document 1076 for wiring information.
All wires may also be found at the GEM module located above the fuse box. On models without a dome light delay use ORANGE / lt. green (-) at the light switch.
1076 Document can be found at the top of the page under downloads. Just type in 1076 in the search box and download it
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
03fx4604 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
Ok i have the supercrew, so ill be using all three wires, so the green wire from the viper gets spliced into all 3?
03fx4604 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  

im confused on the number of diodes i need, according to the 1076 download theres 4 door trigger wires and 8 diodes i was under the imprsseion i only need 3 diodes.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
you will use 6 diodes total.
3 inline with the door trigger to prevent false triggers from the GEM, and another 3 to isolate each circuit from one another.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
03fx4604 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

tedmond wrote:
you will use 6 diodes total.
3 inline with the door trigger to prevent false triggers from the GEM, and another 3 to isolate each circuit from one another.

got it thanks for the help.

My other problem is with the door lock wires on the truck, i dont have factory keyless entry so i have type c five wire locks.The door lock wires on the truck are

pink/green-unlock and pink / YELLOW-lock the problem is i cant find either of those wires in the drivers kick panel.

When i pop the lock switch off the door the harness has the pink/green unlock wire i spliced into it directly there and it works, but there is no pink / YELLOW lock wire only 2 black wires, a brown wire, and a large dark green wire i tested all of them and none of them are the lock wire, so where is the pink / YELLOW wire for the locks????

chev104275 
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Pin 7 should be pink / YELLOW and pin 3 should be pink/green
You can also get them in the door boot I also have an 03 super crew and that's where I grabbed my locks
Are you sure you don't have factory keyless I don't think I've ever seen a super crew with out it
03fx4604 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

chev104275 wrote:
Pin 7 should be pink / YELLOW and pin 3 should be pink/green
You can also get them in the door boot I also have an 03 super crew and that's where I grabbed my locks
Are you sure you don't have factory keyless I don't think I've ever seen a super crew with out it

Im pretty sure i dont have a keypad on my door, or does keylees mean just the stock remote?

Even so on the harness at the lock switch theres 5 wires and pink / YELLOW isnt one of them.

chev104275 
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Remote keyless no door pad   what is in pin 7 ? If the locks work from the switch there has to be a lock wire
03fx4604 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=chev104275]Remote keyless no door pad   what is in pin 7 ? If the locks work from the switch there has to be a lock wire[/QUOTE

my door lock 8 pin switch is as fallows

1.Black

2.Empty

3.pink/green-unlock

4.black

5.bluishgray/black

6.empty

7.brown

8.empty

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic