icon

03 f150 door trigger viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
03fx4604 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

My next problem is still with the door triggers i got my 6 diodes and wired them according it to the 1076 diagram and heres what i have

3 wires, BLACK/ pink,BLACK / YELLOW,BLACK/ blue the line on the diodes is facing away from the kick panel harness, my second set of diodes is wired between the first set and the kick panel harness with the line on the diode facing away from the green alarm wire, but im still receiving a door open signal on my remote when the system is armed and all the doors are closed any thoughts?

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
you use 3 diodes INLINE from the door trigger to the bcm. then the other 3 are connected towards the door trigger side, not bcm. if that makes any sense.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2012 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
I just pulled my switch panel in my truck and pin 7 is pink / YELLOW maybe someone needed to do a repair and used a different color wire ?   Did you test pin 7
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
03fx4604 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2012 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so i just got back from vacation and still need some help.

The number 7 pin on the door lock/unlock switch isnt pink / YELLOW but it is the lock wire, do i need a relay for this to function properly because it will only unlock the doors if a tap the wire from the viper to the wire from the switch.

If i connect the two it doesnt work. if that makes any sense

chev104275 
Posted: April 03, 2012 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
So just tapping your wire from the viper system to the lock wire in the truck makes the door locks lock ? With out using the remote ? Is that wire always grounded ?
03fx4604 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2012 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
yes just tapping the wires together makes the doors lock if i permanately conncect the door lock wire and the number 7pin wire at the switch pressing the button on the alarm remote does nothing as if it were grounding out the lock wire.
chev104275 
Posted: April 03, 2012 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Did you test the systems output make sure its not staying on ground ? Could have a bad module
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic