the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

car starter and bypass module?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2012 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

The EVO-ALL Dark Blue (-) While Running goes to the CA6552 Blue/Black Ingition3(-) wire.

CA6552 6 Pin Start Harness ( heavy gauge)               Caravan

1 PURPLE STARTER OUTPUT - MOTOR SIDE         Yellow @ Vehicle Ignition connector
2 RED BATTERY 12V ( + )           Battery +12V constant
3 ORANGE ACCESSORY 1 ( + )              Not Used
4 PINK/WHITE IGNITION 2 ( + )            Relay shown in Connection 3 diagram   ***Program CA6552 for Starter2 Bank 4, Item 10, Opt 3
5 RED / WHITE BATTERY 12V ( + )                    Battery +12V constant
6 PINK IGNITION 1 ( + )            Pink/White @ Vehicle Ignition connector

The Pink/White wire on the 6 Pin connector is programmable.  Factory default is Ignition2.  You must re-program this wire to Starter2 and

wire it the the relay shown in the EVO-ALL Connection 3 diagram.

Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2012 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
So I dont use the orange wire for the accessory? Can I still hook this wire to the accessory wire in the vehicle so i can get the heater or ac turned on when remote start is activaterd?
To program the pink an white wire it tells me:
Turn ignition ON
Press and hold valet/override button ( located in the atenna) Is this correct?
Then hold for 10 seconds until 3 chirps
Then 6 chirps for bank 4 ( Is this correct?)
Then pressing on the remote the arrow button to slect the feature
The feature 10 ( IGN2 output)....10 chirps.
Then pressing lock button on remote to select crank/start feature...which is 3 LED flashes.
Then turn off ignition.
Are these the correct steps to program the ignition 2 pink and white wire?
Everything else is simple enough to understand.
I'll probaby get this install done this week.
I'll come back to update you!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2012 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

Can't help you with the CodeAlarm programming.  Hopefully there is another member that is familiar with the sequence.

Bulldog, DEI and Omega do not list an Accessory wire.  If I remember correctly, on the 2003 Caravan, the Heat and A/C will function during remote start without any Accessory connection.

See Accessory  and Note 11 at the bottom of this wire guide info : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~6929

Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
Hey kreg, so i am currently connecting the car starter/ alarm and bypass module, I've hit a wall, so i have 2 wires that I still having trouble with,
I have a GREEN/ red wire from the fortin bypass module that is to be connected to the analog door lock wires which is violet/green, i cant seen to find it at the bcm 3rd connector? A reallt tight space to look for wires... Ive looked in the kick panel and i found the color wires, could test it as i disconnected the battery so no power yet...I also cant find the horn wire in the van but i can see it from the steering column connector.
With only 2 wires still not connected ive decided to connect the battery to see if everything else is fine.
When i connected the power the relay to the parking lights keeps clicking, as its power is connected stright to the battery, i think i did this power source of the parking lights worng, where should this be connected if im wrong????
I followed the bulldog security diagram with the resistor connected to the parking light wire
And lastly my car starter /alarm box also keeps clicking like a relay, ive connected both red wires straight to the battery? I know i did something wrong here?
I could finish since it took me all day, I'll start again tomorrow morning?
Thank for all the help you given me...
kreg357 
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  

Here s some info from DEI on the Analog Door Lock wire :

PURPLE / green (-)        conn. 3, pin 21 @ BCM
The BCM (Body Control Module) is in the driver kick panel near the
parking brake. It has 5 plugs in it, one 6 pin plug and four 34 pin plugs.

I don't have any pictures of that vehicle.  Last one I did, I used a

spare key, Key-In-Box, and all relays / resistors.  If memory serves me,
you should have received a WireColor.Com Freebe card with your EVO-ALL.
That card will allow you to log on to the WireColor site and get their
complete wiring guide for your Caravan.  It details 28 wires ( some of
which you won't need ) and includes 16 photos to help identify the
listed wires.

The external Parking Light relay clicking and the CA6552 relay clicking

you hear ( probably the CA6552's internal parking light relay previously
mentioned ) could be normal upon power application.  Bulldog RS1100 units
do that, but I am not familiar with your CodeAlarm system.  Perhaps making
up a complete, detailed list of each connector on the CA6552 and EVO-ALL
and where exactly the wire is connected is the best solution.  With that
list we can assist you better.

Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
So I 'm guessing the car starter has its own relay, so i probaby don't need an external relay connected to it.
You mention before:
"The Parking Lights can be handled by using the CA6552's built in Parking Light relay.  On the 4 Pin Main Harness, connect the WHITE/ Red
wire to chassis ground thru a 2K ohm resistor.  Connect the White wire to the Caravans' WHITE/ Brown Parking Light wire."
I will give this a try first and if i still get clicks then I post back and list all the connections I've made.
Sorry if i didn't make things clear in my previous post!
kreg357 
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
You can test the Caravan Parking Light wire directly.  After you locate and verify the correct WHITE/ Brown wire, take the 2K ohm resistor a connect one end to ground ( via jumper wire ) and touch the other end to the WHITE/ Brown wire.  The Parking Lights should come on.
Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
Here are all the connections:
CodeAlarm Car starter.  Evo-All (bypass module)
Blue/black (Ignition 3) (-).......................................................Dark Blue (while running)
RED / white (Trunk release (-)..................................................Yellow/black (trunk release)
PURPLE / white (Tach input)....................................................... Pink (Tachometer)
Green (Door trigger)................................................................Green (Door status)
Green (Lock).........................................................................Purple (Lock/arm)
Blue (Unlock).........................................................................PURPLE / white (unlock/disarm)
Car Starter to Vehicle
Hood pin...connected under hood
BROWN / Red (Brake wire)...connected to WHITE/ Tan at the Brake switch connector under brake pedal.
BLACK/ white (Neutral safety input)...connected to ground
WHITE/ red (Parking light positive)....connected to ground
Black wire (Ground)....connected to ground
White (Parking light negative)...connected to 1.8k resistor...connected to WHITE/ brown wire at the parking light switch connector
Red (battery 12v).....connected direct to battery
RED / White (battery 12v).....connected directly to battery
Pink (Ignition 1).......connected to Pink/White in Vehicle Ignition Connector
Purple (Starter Output).....connected to Yellow in Vehicle Ignition Connector
Pink/White......Connected to Relay Pin 85 & Pin 87 to ground, Pin 30...connected to resistor 180 ohm....connected to PURPLE / Brown (Mux) Vehicle Ignition Connector
Fortin Evo-All to Vehicle immobilizer near key (4 wires)
Yellow..........................pink/white cut wire
WHITE/ red......................pink/white cut wire
WHITE/ green..................pink/white cut wire connector end
Purple / YELLOW................WHITE/ purple
I've did a test run to program the fortin bypass module just like it says in the online manual, but I don't see any power in the bypass because as I turn the ignition key to On/run position no lights turn on or flashes? I dont' understand what I did wrong as I followed everything right to the tee.
And my code alarm keeps clicking with some kind of code error flashes maybe? The parking lights are connected as what you advise me try out, the parking lights flashed with the clicking of the codealarm box!nAnd the horn honks connected straight to GREEN/ purple wire located under the steering. a long tone if I keep the power connector connected to the box!
Can you take a look at what I'm missing or did wrong?
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot one wire
Fortin evo all to vehicle
GREEN/ Red (analog door lock).............PURPLE / Green under bcm connector 3
kreg357 
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
The reason the EVO-ALL isn't working is because the Connection 3 diagram actually doesn't
show all the required connections.  Go to Page 3 in the EVO-ALL install guide and make the
"Without Data-Link" connections with the 4 Pin harness.  That will fix that part of the problem.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic