the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

car starter and bypass module?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

The other issue is the EVO-ALL MUX relay.  As mentioned, you must program the CA6552's

Pink/White Selectable Output wire to Starter2 (+).  Then follow the relay wiring diagram
exactly as shown on the bottom of the Connection 3 guide.  The way you have it wired now,
there is no connection to Pin 86 of the relay.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

The Parking Lights flashing is good news and means that there is a ( parking light ) relay inside the CA6552.  Also means that switch isolation is not necessary and you have the correct resistor value.

The horn honk is good, too.  You got the correct wire.  Does it continue the honk or is it just one long beep that eventually ends?

Once you get the EVO-ALL programmed to the Caravan, the locks should work from the CA6552 remotes.  Sorry, can't help too much with the CA6552 programming and Tach Learn process.

Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
The honk from the horn is one continuious honk so I disconnected the power. It doesnt stop!
kreg357 
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

Strange...  car starter and bypass module? - Page 3 -- posted image.

For the horn, the CA6552 6 Pin Output Harness, Pin 1, BROWN / BLACK HORN OUTPUT ( - ), should

go to the Caravan's GREEN/ PURPLE (-)  @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS.  Not sure why it currently
is a constant output from the CA6552.  You have a siren, so it's OK to leave it disconnected
for now.  Maybe a reset on the CA6552 or after everything is programmed, it will function
properly. ( Not familiar with the CA6552 )

Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hey kreg so I connected the last two wires for the evo-all.
the power 12v wire and the ground wire. I followed the instructions until I got a solid orange light, which it did then turned off the ignition. So now it should ne programmed.
Then I connected all the wires including the power to the car starter/alarm the reason it was click and horning was because it was armed and the alaem was flashing, when I used the remote pressed the lock button. It stopped.
Yehey it worked!
So then I followed the instructions to program the ignition 2 wire, and set it all. I also set the tach reading....done.
After programming....
I pressed the remote start button on the remote and nothing happens.
I have it all setup, and connected.
what did i do wrong?
I know it has to do with the main power wires from the car starter to the ignition harness in the steering colomn. Followed everything you explained to me and
It either those wires or my evo-all is still not yet programmed?
kreg357 
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

To program the EVO-ALL, follow the Program 2 instructions on Page 12.  There is

a minor variance if the Caravan has a Factory Alarm or not.  Ensure that the LED's
respond exactly as per the guide.  At that point everything should work.  Start by
testing the Lock / Unlock.  Then see if the CA6552 Alarm functions work with the
Door Status inputs from the EVO-ALL. 

For the remote start to work, several things must be done.

1.) The EVO-ALL must be programmed to the vehicle to supply the Tach signal
    and perform the Transponder Bypass function.
2.) The wiring from the CA6552 to the vehicles main ignition harness must be
    correctly in place.  This includes the MUX relay, resistor and the Starter2(+)
    signal from the CA6552.  Please note that there are two different connectors
    at the ignition switch that contain an Ignition signal.  One is used by the
    EVO-ALL and the other is used by the CA6552.
3.) The EVO-ALL must see (-) While Running signal from the CA6552.
4.) The CA6552 must be set for Tach Operation and have the Tach Signal learned
    successfully.

If all of that is done, does the Caravan's instrument panel light up when you try

a remote start?  ( this happens due to the Ignition wire getting power. )  If it
does, and the vehicle does not crank, then the MUX relay or it's connection to the
MUX wire is a good possibility.
If you get no instrument lights, it could be wiring / connections, or the maybe
CA6552.  Again, not familiar with CodeAlarm, but some R/S units will not attempt
a remote start if they haven't been Tach Learned, are in Manual Transmission Mode,
or don't see a Neutral Safety Signal.  Other possibilities are a constant (-) input
on the Hood Status input or a constant (+) input on the Brake Input signal. 

Does the CA6552 have any built in diagnostics that give a pointer to the cause of a

failed remote start?

Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Everytime i press the button on the remote nothing happends I'll check everything over again from what I've notice from the ignition harness wires there are two pink and white wire, maybe I tapped the wrong pink and white wire, after that I' ll program the tach signal again...
kreg357 
Posted: April 16, 2012 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Also verify that all theCA6552  fuses are good and the CA6552 heavy Pink Ignition wire is going to +12V during a remote start attempt.  As previously mentioned, there are two connectors at the ignition switch.  One is the main ignition connector and the other is the transponder connector, with different wires from the CA6552 and EVO-ALL connected. ( Both have a Pink/White Ignition wire...)
Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2012 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
Today I was trying to figure out if its the relay, the connection to the ignition harness.
Car starter (CS) Vehicle Ignition Connector (VIC)
Start (+) Purple (CS) to yellow (VIC), Ignition(+) Pink (CS) to pink/white (VIC)
Start 2 (+) Pink/white (CS) to pin 85 relay, pin 30 to resistor 180 ohm to PURPLE / brown MUX (VIC)
Just to note in the VIC the pink/white wire are 2 wires in one slot of the VIC.
I connected both of the pink/white wires to the pink wire of the carstarter
Tried the remote start again but nothing! So I tried one wire after another, but still nothing.
My Evo-All is all programed because I can lock and unlock the doors and i see a blue LED flashine everytime I do this, when I have the ignition turned to the ON Position the Evo-All LED turns orange. So I'm sure this is what its supposed to do? Am I wrong?
I thinking it must be the relay and the relay socket, my ca6552 came with its own relay and relay socket which i didn't use. The reason being that the socket has a diode undernearth the relay socket, do you think this might be the problem?
kreg357 
Posted: April 17, 2012 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

The relay that came with the CA6552 was probably for a Starter Kill/Anti-Grind

circuit or for an additional ignition circuit output.  The diode could cause
problems if it is across Pins 85 to 86.  That would make the relays coil connections
polarity sensitive.  Standard relay convention dictates that Pin 85 is (-) and
Pin 86 is (+). If you wire the relay with the diode with Pin 85 as (+) and
Pin 86 as (-), the diode could be bad now and causing problems. If you notice,
Fortin did not follow that convention with their MUX relay wiring.

The Mux relay should be wired as follows ( according to convention ) :

Relay Pin 86 to CA6552 Pink/White (+) Starter 2 output ( Must program CA6552 )
Relay Pin 85 and Pin 87 to chassis ground
Relay Pin 30 through 180 Ohm resistor and connected to Caravan PURPLE / Brown MUX wire

The only change to the EVO-ALL Connection 3 diagram is swapping Pins 85 & 86 for

standard relay convention wiring.  If the relay had an internal diode across Pins
85 and 86 ( most don't ), then the above wiring would be appropriate.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic