icon

car starter and bypass module?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kennyd. 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  
From the Evo-All diagram connection 3 picture, pin 85 is connected to start2 wire which is pink/white. Should I try pin 86 instead???? Orb jus follow the evo-all diagram.
I'm still going to double and triple check everything. I might have the pin numbers mixed up.
What is a starter kill relay? Do I need to use this for my alarm??
I'll get back to You and let you know what I found out, or mistakenly done. Thanks again kreg!!!!!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 6:24 AM / IP Logged  

A Starter Kill circuit is an added security feature of an alarm system.  It

will interrupt the vehicles Starter Wire while the system is armed, preventing
the vehicle from starting.

The Anti-Grind is a circuit that will prevent you from engaging the starter

again ( during key-take-over ) while the engine is running under a remote start.
Both are incorporated using a relay and cutting the vehicles starter wire in
the ignition harness.  These are optional circuits.

If you want to try the MUX relay wired for a relay with a coil diode, follow

this set-up.  You can use your DMM to verify that the CA6552 is outputting a
(+) Starter signal on the Pink/White wire during a remote start attempt.
Relay Pin 86 to CA6552 Pink/White (+) Starter 2 output ( Must program CA6552 )
Relay Pin 85 and Pin 87 to chassis ground
Relay Pin 30 through 180 Ohm resistor and connected to Caravan PURPLE / Brown MUX wire

Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hey kreg, I' ve read back on your post and you said that ...
"Also verify that all theCA6552  fuses are good and the CA6552 heavy Pink Ignition wire is going to +12V during a remote start attempt"
So do you mean that instead of connecting the ca6552 pink heavy gauge wire to the pink/white wire or the ignition connector, I should just connect it to constant 12v straight to the battery jus like thr red and RED / white wires of the ca6552?
I've checked everything nothing is happening! The parking light dont even go on when I press the button on the remote?
I'm thinking that their is no power for remote start, and you mentioned connect to 12v?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, poor choice of words / expression on my part.  The CA6552 heavy Pink wire should go from 0V to +12V during a remote start attempt, properly powering the vehicles Ignition wire.. 
Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
So the pink heavy gauge wires from the ca6552 should be connected to the ignition connector or straight to the battery power source?
I been looking at the Bulldog security setup for the starter 2 wire (PURPLE / brown)
Heres the link it also includes pictures of the wire from the ignition doesn't mention about the pink/white wire in the ignition connector!
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/diagram.asp?ModelID=18135&MakeID=16&link=DW
Do you think I shoud try this setup, dont quite know what the whitw and black wires connect to in this diagram?
kreg357 
Posted: April 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Found this in the CA6552 Install guide.  Do the Parking Lights give any flash

pattern after a failed remote start attempt?

If the remote start shuts down or fails to start, the parking lights will flash one of

the patterns below indicating the shutdown input.
To manually enter diagnostics and view the last shutdown, turn the ignition ON
and press and release the button.
LED FLASHES SHUTDOWN ZONE
3 Flashes Hood Input
  Brake Input
  Neutral Safety Input
4 Flashes Remote Start Valet Mode
5 Flashes Manual Transmission Mode not set (manual transmission models only)
7 Flashes Tach not learned / Crank Average not learned

Hopefully a CodaAlarm installer can jump in with some better insights / assistance.

Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Kreg thank you very much for your help and advice, and guess what I got the car starter to work! WooHoo!!!
Everything was fine when I wired everything up, first thing I did after that was program the tach, then program the pink/white wire to crank/start.
Then you told me about the diagnostic for problems on why its not starting!
So I did and followed the steps. 7 flashes of the parking light,"tach not programmed, so Im guessing since I kept resetting the power and the programming, I'd have to program the tach again, so I did that! Done!
The mistake I made which got me frustrated, which made check again, and double check, triple check, everything was where it was supposed to be. The button presses on the remote, "stupid me". So the manual says press the button 2 times for 2 seconds, so One press per second. So "press" "press". My van started up great!!!!!!
Thanks again kreg, for being their for me when I needed the extra, brain power!
Jus wondering what setting I can program the car starter, like the crank timing and voltage settings? Do you think I need to reprogram this to get the optimal start?
Thank you very much kreg!
kreg357 
Posted: April 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

Alright!!!  Excellent job!    car starter and bypass module? - Page 4 -- posted image.

Running in Tach Mode will be the best choice for reliable starting.  In Tach Mode, during a remote start, the CA6552 will output +12V on its'

Starter wire until is senses the correct ( previously learned ) Tach RPM level.   If you notice over or under crank, you
could do the Tach Learn process again.  The actual crank time can & will vary with the engine temp and the time of
the year ( think winter ).

The Voltage Level ( Setting 5 ) setting would only apply if the CA6552 was in Tachless Mode.

The Crank Time ( Setting 6 ) setting is for a fixed crank time and would only apply if you were in Tachless or Hybird Mode

and also had Setting 7 set to Preset Time instead of averaging the last 8 key start crank times.

Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2013 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Here's an update on my install of the code alarm ca6552, so the other day my father was driving the 03 caravan and while driving the the alarm went off! So my dad pulled over and turned the ignition off, pressed unlock on the remote then started thr ignition again and started driving agan.
This is the first time this has acted up like that?
One time just last winter season before christmas season, I remote started the vehicle leaving for work and with the van running when I remote started it,(when I remote start the van it auto unlocks all the doors, and the blue LED light from the antenna still blinking) the alarm went off!! So I was thinking Oh! i have to unarm the vehicle( stop LED blinking from the antenna also) even if the door are unlocked! So the pressed unlock on the remote, unarmed the vehicle, and I was off.
But recently this alarm going off while driving, is really wierd!
So I tried a couple of things used the factory remote to unlock the door when the alarm is still armed, and to my astonishment the alarm did not go off! With the door triggers activated because the door is open!
Will I need to recheck my wires??
Kreg any suggestion to what this may be?
Could it be an loose ground activating or something???
kreg357 
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Interesting problem.   The fact that the CA6552 could arm itself while the vehicle is running is very strange.
The first step would be to verify all your connections.   If you soldered them, there should be no issues,
just make sure the insulation is still secure. Re-seat all of the brains connectors and do a Factory Reset on
it, if that is possible.
Unfortunately, I still don't use CodeAlarm systems and don't have any real experience with them. Hopefully
there is a CodeAlarm person that can assist.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic