icon

2009 infiniti fx35

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2012 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
Try applying a negative pulse (ground) to the 85 side, you should then get a POS output at 30.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2012 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
I just set up a relay in exactly the same way too much testing, not enough installing.
You will show NEG on 85, it's coming back through the coil.
As soon as you apply a ground, all will be OK.
But now you see one reason for the diodes don't you.
twashi43 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Ok this is my set up:
Starter lt.blue (push-button start)    (-) push-button ignition switch or BCM, black 40 pin plug, pin 18
Second Starter lt. green     (-) BCM, gray 40 pin plug, pin 21
Ignition pink (+) BCM, black 40 pin plug, pin 11
Second Ignition     yellow      (-) BCM, gray 40 pin plug, pin 16

Accessory orange        (+) BCM, black 40 pin plug, pin 31
Second Accessory     orange       (+) BCM, black 40 pin plug, pin 24
The neg(-)at 85 should be a body ground? And where would I put the (h1)pink ignition wire or should this be h2/2 BLACK/ white neutral safety input?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

I'm a little confused with this install.  You have a 2009 Infinity FX35 with

Push To Start, a Viper 5904 and a DB-ALL flashed with 401.NISS03 v2.00 firmware.

The DB-ALL would be installed following the Type 1 diagram.  Program the DB-ALL

for Option 2 Door Locks and Parking Light control.

Using a Viper 5904, the only relay required is under the hood at the IPDM box.

The wiring for the relay is shown on Page 5 of the install guide.  The 5904 is
capable of supplying all the other "ignition signals" directly to the BCM without
the need for any additional relays.  Connections listed on Page 5 of the DB-ALL
install guide ( from box on Page 4 ).

(-) Starter Out to BCM Gray connector Pin 21 comes from Viper H2/18 Violet / YELLOW

(-) Ignition 2 Out to BCR Gray connector Pin 16 comes from Viper H2/10 Pink
(+) Accessory Out to BCM Black connector Pins 24 & 31 comes from Viper H3/3 and
      is split with diodes as shown.
(+) Ignition 1 Out to BCM Black connector Pin 11 comes from Viper H3/1 Pink

The Viper Flex relay output H3/7 can be programmed as (+) Accessory 2 ( Menu 3,

Item 8, Opt 2 ) and can be connected as shown if the A/C does not work during a
remote start.

The Starter Light Blue PTS wire listed in the chart is not shown in the install

diagrams, so I am not sure which Viper or DB-ALL wire would connect to it, if any.

Assuming your FX35 is an automatic trans vehicle and you are using the D2D harness

between the Viper and the DB-ALL, the Vipers' Neutral Safety wire is "D2D connected"
to (-) EBrake signal from the DB-ALL as shown in the Type 1 diagram using a dashed
Blue line.

Soldering is fun!
twashi43 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't know what wires to connect from the bcm to the alarm(viper 5904). I looked at the size of the wires in the bcm and that threw me off.I am used to the (older heaver gauge wire) key style,like in my 1997 or my 2004 Maxima.I ordered the DB-ALL off line and it was shipped with the wrong instructions and the wrong firmware(Niss02).I am going down now to flash it with (401.NISS03 v2.00 firmware).Will give it another shot when the rain stops.Thanks again for everything,sorry for the confusion.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2012 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, the new Nissans / Infinitys are somewhat different and slightly more complicated than the older vehicles, especially with PTS and SmartKey.  All the wires at the BCM are thin gauge and some of the Vipers heavy gauge H3 wires get connected to them.   The hardest part is getting that relay into the IPDM  box neatly.  Also, use a sealed ( weather tight ) relay if you have one available.

The new Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module makes this install a lot easier... 

Soldering is fun!
twashi43 
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=kreg357]

Yes, the new Nissans / Infinitys are somewhat different and slightly more complicated than the older vehicles, especially with PTS and SmartKey.  All the wires at the BCM are thin gauge and some of the Vipers heavy gauge H3 wires get connected to them.   The hardest part is getting that relay into the IPDM  box neatly.  Also, use a sealed ( weather tight ) relay if you have one available.

The new Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module makes this install a lot easier... 

[/QUOTE
Mission accomplished!I want to thank you,kreg357 and howwie for all your input
I may be new to this,but I am true to this
kreg357 
Posted: April 24, 2012 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
Excellent!  Good job!  2009 infiniti fx35 - Page 2 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic