icon

can someone explain this wire test for me

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BrandonClaps 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2012 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to use a factory wire from the car as an output to my aftermarkets disarm wire. It's a factory smart key keyless entry. I've found the schematic for the car and the wire that goes to the keyless system. It shows 5v at all times and drops to 0 when your hand touches the door handle on the outside of the car during unlock. What type of wire is that and how can i use that as an output? In the schematic below i'm referring to the drives door outer handle (left side) and the orange to lt blue wire.
http://s13.postimage.org/ead6z7393/Door_Lock_Wiring.png
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 02, 2012 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

It would really help us help you if we knew what kind of vehicle you have.

BrandonClaps 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2012 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
2012 Acura tl
i am an idiot 
Posted: May 02, 2012 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. Battery WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. Ignition 1 BLUE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. Starter 1 YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. LF Latch GREEN (-) DRIVER UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. RF Latch LIGHT BLUE (-) PASSENGER UNDER DASH FUSEBOX can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image.
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. LR Latch LIGHT GREEN (-) DRIVER UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. RR Latch LIGHT GREEN (-) PASSENGER UNDER DASH FUSEBOX can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image.
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. Trunk Trigger WHITE (-) DRIVER UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. Hood Trigger GREEN (-) DRIVER UNDER DASH FUSEBOX can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image.
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. Alarm Disarm BROWN (-) DRIVER POWER WINDOW SWITCH can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image.
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. Alarm Arm PINK (-) DRIVER POWER WINDOW SWITCH can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image.
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. Parking Lights RED (+) DRIVER UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
can someone explain this wire test for me -- posted image. Low Crr Pk Lights GRAY (-) DRIVER UNDER DASH GUSEBOX

Note for alarm disarm reads:

TEST THIS WIRE WHILE TURNING THE KEY IN THE DRIVER DOOR CYLINDER, THESE WIRES WILL ALSO CONTROL DOOR LOCKS AND WINDOWS/SUNROOF WITH EXTENDED PULSES

i am an idiot 
Posted: May 02, 2012 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

I am confused, but that happens often.  Are you trying to have the aftermarket alarm disarm the factory?  Or vice versa?  

i am an idiot 
Posted: May 02, 2012 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
BrandonClaps 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2012 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to disarm the aftermarket alarm after I touch the exterior door handle (and I have my factory smart key with me.
BrandonClaps 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2012 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe I can just get the trigger from the factory arm and disarm wire to use as an output to the input on the aftermarket arm/disarm wire??
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2012 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
a wire to disarm an aftermarket alarm does not exist.there is a manual disarm procedure that involves using the key and the valet switch but there is no single wire on the alarm that will disarm the alarm.
a wire that goes from 5v to 0v is usually a negative trigger. no offense to you but if you dont understand these basic concepts of trigger wires then you really shouldnt be messing with such advanced functions that need to be custom wired. bad things can happen when you dont fully understand how to test and interface these wires for an aftermarket alarm.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: May 03, 2012 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged  
The issue you will face with trying to use the button is that the button itself doesn't "know" if you have the key present. The button most likely just sends a signal to the BCM (or some other electronic controller) that lets the controller know the button has been pushed. The controller will then check to see if the key is present and then decide what to do next (ie unlock the doors).
When you push the button on the drivers door, with the key in hand, does it unlock all 4 doors or only the drivers door?
Using the factory disarm wire won't help either as it is most likely only triggered when you put the key in the door and turn it to the unlock position. It most likely isn't pulsed when you push the button on the door.
Kevin Pierson
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic