icon

ford150 2011 with viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Dome light supervision won't turn it off, it's only for vehicles which UNLIKE yours don't have a delayed dome light shutdown, hence it's irrelevant to your vehicle.
Your domelight should shut down when you lock the vehicle.
Those connectors are
a) Much too big for the wire size.
b) You haven't crimped them properly, the insulation should also be crimped.
I feel you don't understand quite what's involved here and should seek professional help.
ga16dnet 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
a ok thanks a lot for the explanation, i tried so seek professional help and they charge me 160USD to install the alarm but with no remote start, and the trigger they connected to the domelight +, worst installer ever, here in chile theres nobody to help me out, so i take my own experience hand (lol) and tried to install the alarm.
sorry for the laim questions, and for my english i tried to be more specific. now im connecting the door trigger with 1amp diode.
other thing that doesnt work is the remote start, i got everything connected right with kill start, and when a press the control for remote start the contro shows remote start error. please some feedback
and other thing, since my alarm is de 5901 im using the manual for LC3 Responder, and doesnt show the 2nd unlock feature, just show aux 4 where the 5901v has the 2nd unlock, can i use this? just wondering.
on more thing. sorry for all the trouble
the factory unlock and lock system where is located? i want to tried to connect the H2/1 LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-) 200mA OEM ALARM DISARM OUTPUT and H2/3 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA OEM ALARM ARM OUTPUT
to see if this control the original system. can be done?
thanks a lot..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ford150 2011 with viper 5901 - Page 2 -- posted image.
Tomas Smith Fernandez
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
You need to follow that vehicle specific diagram more carefully, also try looking up Ford door triggers, DEI tech tip 1691 NOT 1076 for how to wire the door triggers, dome light is wrong.
As for the locks, type B is your type and again as my first sentence.
3 reasons for no remote start.
Immobiliser by-pass needed Fortin, Xpresskit etc.
You haven't programmed TACH.
Your vehicle is auto and the factory default is manual, again programming.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, your suggestion for the 2nd. unlock is correct.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Go to the Downloads/Manuals section and look up Ford Tech tips 1921,v1797,and 1098.
ga16dnet 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
great thanks a lot, i put the diode exactly that it says the diagram 1455 but without the resistor, i test for what pulse is giving me but whem a i close the door give me negative, when its open nothing. im freking out here
thanks a lot for the answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tomas Smith Fernandez
ga16dnet 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
12v+ when close , nothing when open, not ground nothig
what did i do wrong this time? :(
Tomas Smith Fernandez
ga16dnet 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
my bad when closed is ground, when open nothing at all sorry for the mix up
Tomas Smith Fernandez
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Notrhing, you've discovered the joys of Ford NO door triggers, hence the diagrams particularly 1921.
Current Fords and Mazdas are ground, i.e. NC when closed NO when opened exactly the opposite of all other door triggers. Great, not exactly a good choice for a beginner. Please check through the various archive posts here on these vehicles, all these problems you're finding HAVE come up before, I'm about 10,000 miles away so difficult to help, that apart we never see these vehicles in Europe anyway.
ga16dnet 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
great! lol
iŽll go out tomorrow and buy the 10k resistors, thanks a lot. hope this works. why they dont make easy for us!!!!
you know if i can connect the lightgren/black and the GREEN / WHITE, to the factory control module? thanks a lot
Tomas Smith Fernandez
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic