the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5704, 2003 acura rsx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

Use the Viper 5904 Install guide & Shutdown Diagnostics to help define the problem.

Below is an excerpt from the install guide :

MTS - Manual Transmission Start diagnostics

When enabling MTS, if you get a failure notification from the remote or the vehicle fails to remain started
check for following:
1 Tachometer not connected or programmed.
2 E-brake not connected to the remote start unit. The BLACK/ white H2/18 neutral safety wire must have
  a ground when the parking brake is set.
3 Foot must be off the brake when activating the MTS mode on the remote.
4 Is the door open when enabling the MTS mode? If so this would cause the unit to enter Pit Stop Mode
  and the remote start will continue to run when arming/locking the system.
5 Is the door input connected? The system needs to see a door open then close after initiating the remote
  start.
6 Does the vehicle have a delayed dome light? If you are connected to the dome light wire and the
  dome light is staying on after arming/locking the system, the system can exit the MTS mode.
7 Make sure the neutral safety switch is plugged in and turned on.

MTS mode exiting diagnostics:

If the remote start has entered the MTS mode but exits the mode after the system is armed/locked. Check
these for possible causes.
1 The vehicle door has been opened or the security system has been triggered in your absence.
2 Does the vehicle have a delayed dome light circuit or does the dome light come on when the ignition
  is shut off? If so you may need to go to the independent door inputs of the vehicle.
3 If you are connected to the dome light wire in the vehicle and cannot connect the system to the
  individual door inputs of the vehicle due to it having normally closed door inputs, you can use the
  Xpresskit DTIMAZDA module or Tech Tip # 1921 at
www.directechs.com to interface with these
  types of circuits.
4 The E-brake wire connected to the neutral safety input of the system loses ground when ignition
  is turned off or after a certain amount of time, with these vehicles unfortunately there is no workaround.
5 The E-brake wire connected to the neutral safety input of the system has a poor ground. Clean the
  contacts on the switch or replace the switch.

Soldering is fun!
unplugme71 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2012 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't have it learn the tach. I'll try that over the weekend and respond back with results. I'm sure I'm missing a few other things.
Is there anything else after the alarm install that needs to be programmed or changed from default settings?
How can I be sure the door triggers work to tell if a door is open?
Also when I press unlock all doors unlock. Is there a way to get only the drivers door to unlock first before pressing unlock again for the rest?
'03 Acura RSX Type-S
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2012 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  

to test door triggers just arm the viper and then unlock door with key and open it,as long as the wires are connected to the right wire it should set the alarm off,and for the progressive unlocking  you would need to use a relay and the 5 wire method,the alrms unlock wire would then got to one of the connections on the relay and a second wire marked in install guide as 2nd unlock would go to the wire you originally had connected to for unlock.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~58938

could only find the 2002 model wiring info on here but hopefully they are similar to save time.

accordingto the info you would need the relay on the YELLOW /GREEN wire for the driver priority unlock, connect your dmm to this wire and hit unlock on the remote and see what the wire pulses to  + or  - 12v. i would assume +12v but as usual test first and then test again.

relay 86 and 87 +12v ,85 - unlock output, YELLOW /GREEN lock motor wire cut in half and connect one side to 30 and other to 87a.

if the motor pulses to ground when you hit unlock then 87 goes to ground, just test first to see what polarity the motor switches to on that wire for unlock

tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2012 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
ok after looking around and finding a few manuals to look at wiring info either i need to go to bed and rest my tired eyes or dei has done away with the 2nd unlock wire as i couldnt find it in any of the info. do any of the regular pro's know more about if this has gone? its an option in the programming menus but i cant find the wire listed in any of the harnesses
tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2012 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  

ok im gonna be doing an install of a 5704 in my brothers f350 tomorrow and now have a basic install guide to look over.

for second unlock any of the aux channels now have the option to be used for that feature as opposed to the original dedicated wire that used to be in the older harnesses,i will scan and upload the basic but usefull two sided sheet, it has the menu programming options as well which include a bit more.

tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2012 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=5704

quick install guide and programming menus in case you dont have it

unplugme71 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Yes, that sounds correct for a N.O. interlock switch.  viper 5704, 2003 acura rsx - Page 4 -- posted image.  If it's the same as the Civic and has a Yellow connector with the Orange output wire, you could connect the (-) 200 mA Starter Output directly to that Orange wire ( no relay needed ).
No orange wire but I do have a yellow plug. How can I find out which wire it is by testing it ?
Also, how do I make it learn the tach ?
'03 Acura RSX Type-S
unplugme71 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
So today the alarm kept going off after replacing the battery. Cut the trunk pin/trigger wire to see if it was an add on sensor. Stopped going off. But remote still reported an error. So I checked if I wired the trunk pin wire was correct. I have a diode and the stripe end is towards the oem plug not the alarm wire.
Any ideas?
'03 Acura RSX Type-S
ryanmxrdr 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing the 5704v model alarm on my 2003 Dodge truck with a cummins.  I have the Direct paper work for my year of truck also.  I cannot figure out where some of these wires go.  So I was hoping if I listed them here someone could tell me to the side as to where I would put them or which ones they go to for my truck.  The Direct paperwork and the alarm paper work is not real specific on it, or I dont understand them.  I have found all the wires in the truck that the Direct paper work is talking about.

H2/1 Pink/white          (-)200mA Ignition / Flex relay control output

H2/3 blue/white          (-)200mA 2nd status / rear defogger output.  How does this work, if I hook it to my          mirror defroster would that work the same

H2/4 GREEN/ black        (-)200mA OEM Alarm disarm output

H2/9 dark blue (-)200mA Status output

H2/10 pink     (-)200mA Ignition 1 output

H2/11 WHITE/ black     (-)200mA Aux 3 output, dont think I need or any other of the AUX outputs, correct          me if I am wrong though

H2/18 violet/black     (-)200mA Starter output

H2/21 WHITE/ blue      (-) remote start / turbo timer activation input

H2/22 orange (-) 200mA accessory output

H2/24 GREEN / WHITE    (-) 200mA OEM alarm arm output.  Does this work in conjuction with a relay and the              H2/4 OEM alarm disarm output?

H3/1 Pink     (+) Ignition 1 input/output

H3/2 RED / white        (87) flex relay + 12v input (30A fused) -  does this use a relay because in the instructions I          have it doesn't mention anything about a relay

H3/3 Orange (+) accessory output

H3/4 Violet   (+) starter output (car side of the starter kill) 

H3/5 Green (+) Stater input (key side of the starter kill)

H3/6 Red    Ignition 1 + 12v input (30A Fused)

H3/7 Pink/white      (30) flex replay output (car side of ignition, acc or starter wire) 

H3/8 pink black      (87a) flex relay input (key sid of ingition, acc or starter wire if needed)

H3/9 RED / black     accessory/starter relay +12v input (30A fused)

If anyone can help me with these that would be great.  I have an idea of where some of them go, but I would like clairfication.  Also on the ones that say relay, do I need to buy some relays?

Thanks

Ryan 

ryanmxrdr
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic