icon

soundstream amps/audiobahn subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2003 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
i recently purchased a set of audiobahn 150q 15 inch subs and a soundstream reference 300 amp and i was wondering wich is the best way to wire them (the amp to the subs) thanks in advance.....
the louder the better !!!!!!
can you feel it ?????
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2003 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
In order for us to tell you how to wire it we need the complete model # of your subs
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2003 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
they are single voice coil 4 ohm subs 600 watts each rms
can you feel it ?????
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
they are aw150q 15 inch subs  i have the one reference 300 soundstream amp but i am going to purchase another one just like it so if anyone can give me info on how to wire the one amp to both subs to get the best/deepest bass and also on wiring both amps to the subs as well (1 amp per sub) i would greatly appreciate it  thanks again........
can you feel it ?????
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
First off here is the manual for your amp http://www.soundstream.com/owners_manuals/ref23500.zip you will want to bridge your amp to one channel and then wire your subs in parallel. So in order to wire them in parallel you will wire the + of the 1st sub to the + of the 2nd sub, and the -of the 1st sub to the - of the 2nd speaker, and then connect them to the one bridged channel on your amp. This will give you a 2 ohm load which will give you 300 watts and that is the most power you can get out of the amp. Now if you run each sub on its own amp that will present the amp with a 4 ohm load and the amp will put out 150 X1, but if the amp has a 2 ohm load ( which is what you currently have) it will put out 300X 1 which means each sub will get 150 watts. Now if you add a 2nd reference 300 amp you will be getting the same amount of power from 2 amps as you would by only using 1. Now these subs are 600 watts rms each which means that they need 1200 watts you are only giving each one 150 each 300 total. I would suggest that instead of you buying another reference 300 that you find an amp that puts out 1200 watts rms @ 2 ohms to drive your subs.
donkason 
Copper - Posts: 189
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
I would buy a Soundstream rubicon 1002 amp. I haven't used one personally but they produce maximum power at 2 ohms which is 1000 watts rms. Actually these amps are underated. I had a reference 700 s rated at 823 watts at 2 ohms mono and it was stable down to 1 ohm. Which means it wasn't being used to its full potential. So I imagine that you will be hitting your mark of 1200 watts rms. I wouldn't suggest buying a reference amp unless you are going to drop your load below 2 ohms because they are called sleeping bueaties because the will unleash the beast when pushed but are puny at anything above 2 ohms.
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2003 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the replies i appreciate it i will be back for further help when i decide on an amp.... i have a legacy la2070 that is rated at 2400 watts peak 2 channel bridgeable to one is this any good??? i only paid $80 for it brand new.. should i use it or buy something else??? are legacy amps any good
can you feel it ?????
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

I'm not a huge fan of Legacy but in this case I would suggest that you use the Legacy instead of the soundstream. The soundstream is a much better amp but that particular model isn’t powerful enough for your subs. I think you will be much happier using the Legacy. Now as far as hooking up the legacy you will need to run one sub off each channel. You will want to wire each sub as you normally would + to + and - to -, and run each sub off its own channel.

fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2003 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
would this ppi amp do me any good to run these two 15's or if i had two of them one for each sub........pcx-2125     please let me know  i appreciate all the help............joe
can you feel it ?????
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2003 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
these are the specs on that ppi amp
  • Channel:
  • 4ohm:
  • 2ohm:
  • Bridged:
  • Damping:
  • S/N Ratio:
  • Dimension:
  • Length:
  • THD:
  • Power Input:
  • Freq. Resp.:
  • I/P Sens.:
  • X/O Slope:
  • X/O Freq.:
  • X/O Type:
  • Input Type:
  • Cooling Fan:
  • QBass:
>500
>115dB
2.375" x 10"
17"
02%
4 Guage
4.5-100k
.15-12V
12dB
30Hz-4kHz
2 way
12 vDC
Yes
QBass¢â Plus

< =http://order.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/wg-order?millionbuy+ppipcx2125 method=post>
can you feel it ?????
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic