the12volt.com spacer
icon

wiring 529t, 2006 chevy silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thehitchmaster 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thehitchmaster
I am working on a 2006 chevy silverado reg cab. Installed a viper 4103 with a dball module. ok, now the part that I cant figure out. I am trying to roll up and down each window using two 529T's and four relays. I am frustrated and just cant grasp how to do this. I have searched for two days, I have found some info, but need a diagram or something. thank you in advance for any help.
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tony_g
wouldnt it be easier to use 1 530t module to handle both windows?and what are the relays added for,does the truck have aftermarket power windows fitted?
thehitchmaster 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thehitchmaster
after all of the research I have done, 530t does seem like the right module. I was sent two 529's.
the truck has factory power windows. Again from my research, Ive learned that I have A type C system. Is this correct? I was told I need the relays to reverse polarity. I am lost as last years easter eggs. If you have a solution, I am all ears. by the way thanks for the reply tony.
thehitchmaster 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thehitchmaster
Also, from my understanding you can use the 529t, you just have to use 2.correct me if im wrong.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes but far simpler to use 1 530t. I'm with Tony here.
What makes you think you have type C windows?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Sorry, you might be right, test the motor wires.
If NEG (-) at rest, type A
If POS (+) at rest type B
If open circuit at rest type C
thehitchmaster 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thehitchmaster
Howie, Ive been searching this site for 2 days. honestly im probably more confused now than when I started. Nobodies fault but my own lol.
530T seems like the part I should have been sent.
I guess my question is what type do I have, and how do I get these things to work?
tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tony_g

howie,seeing as thehitchmaster wants each of the 529t modules to control up and down on each of the windows then would the wiring for each switch and motor be similar to the type c of the 530t, i.e the 529t shows wiring side 1 and 2 to the up wires of two windows for closure only but for one window up and down wouldnt the side 2 would go to the down wire. wouldnt this then act similarly to the 530t along the lines of seing which wire is going to 12v to determine up or down.

hope i sort of make sense in my explanation,the install doc only shows type c for two windows up so just comparing to the 530t for conecting to both sides of switch and motor.

if im wrong just laugh at me

honestly i think the 530t is a walk in the park compared to this one

tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tony_g

wiring 529t, 2006 chevy silverado -- posted image.

howie would this be heading towards the right direction assuming type c,again laugh if its not quite right.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You need 2 extra relays for the following reason if type C.
When you feed live up, you have to add a ground to the down side.
I've done this on a London Taxi, the front locks are open circuit and the backs are "normal" NEG triggering.
It was a nightmare.
You don't cut as say 5 wire locks, you JOIN say the blue/black from the 529t to your down wire and also trigger a re3lay from it to GROUND the down, so it's two relays per each 529t and one 529t to each door.
I'll do a diagram late afternoon Wed. my time.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic