icon

2001 honda civic ex

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
littlenicky1 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  
You guys recommended the Prestige APS997C but I see that there is a long range one for like $10 more called PRESTIGE SS9000. Do you know if there is there any difference in these really? For $10 I might as well get the extra 3/4 of a mile range right?
As for places to buy the system I am looking at Amazon, vminnovations.com and autotoys.com. They all have about the same prices but I was wondering how does the manufacture warranty work with these different places? Do I always get one year warranty from them. I've tried to call the manufacture but I got a voice mail and no return phone call. Doesnt help reassure me its a good product but the reviews are pretty good overall. Autotoys is the most expensive but they offer diy pictures of previous installs and my car happens to be one they did before. I get access to the full diy if i buy from them so I am kinda leaning towards them but they dont say if they are an authorized dealer so I dont know if the warranty would apply.
When I order I need to buy only 2 diodes for the trunk release to go with the trunk release solenoid, and the 529t for the sunroof and 2 530t's for the 4 side windows and that's all right? Also, would buying a glass sensor be useful as well? And again thanks for the help its really appreciated.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2012 at 4:24 AM / IP Logged  
Some answers for your last post.
Take a pinch of salt with the range claims although obviously the "better" manufacturers , e.g. DEI, Avox, Comp. are relatively accurate, also what gets you a mile in Florida Everglades gets you about 1 block in Manhattan.
In your circumstances go with Autotoys, i.e. installation photos very helpful, though having said that the 01-05 Civic is one of the easiest cars to install to.
Not sure of the US legal requirements but most man/retailers are loathe to give DIY people any warranty, you're more than likely to have left out a blocking diode to a relay and fried the board.
You will need a relay and 2 diodes for the trunk release:-
266_trunk-pop.bmp
Note: as I said if you leave out the right hand diode (1N4004) from the alarm-R/S a back feed spike from the relay on shutdown will fry the alarm-R/S.
In this case 4004 is mandatory that back feed can exceed 300volts and will overwhelm a 4001.
Don't buy 2 diodes, get about 10.
A glass sensor is fine if it is the only add-on, I'd go for a 508d dual zone field effect sensor personally, you then have "warn-away" as well.
littlenicky1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2012 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks. So I use one diode for the alarm itself and two for the trunk pop where else will I use these because you told me I needed about 10? I assume I will use them in between each of the 529t and the 530t's wires possbily the effect sensor to? In the diagram for the trunk release I assume the diodes are the rectangles with the white break in them. The sunroof diagram does not have this in it so I was not sure if I still needed it for the other parts. As always, I look forward to more of your help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2012 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  
Yes just about everywhere you have two signals going into or out from the alarm CPU.Such as hood and hatch alarm triggers if the alarm doesn't have separate trigger wiring.
Please ignore the other roof diagram, it was for one touch roof open and close and is for earlier Hondas.
This is correct:- honda_roof_ii.bmp
littlenicky1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Ok sweet i will definitely use that. So the alarm is on its way when I went to order the 529 I noticed there is the 529 by dei and the 529 model B is there any difference of these or just a way to trick people into spending more for the same product?
littlenicky1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
Both are from from dei i think i was kind of unclear about that
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
No idea, the most recent version has 10 wires, should have grey and grey/black, orange and ORANGE / black. The only difference is you can make that version 2 way on a single window or roof.
littlenicky1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so this is the image of the part I think is right. It says it goes both ways on one window or two windows one way this should work right but the wire colors are different in the picture than what you said? 2001 honda civic ex - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Count the number of wires in that plug, oh look 10.
littlenicky1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks I was just making sure. In the installation manual it says that I should use a 4002 diode in between ignition and the unit. Do I need to get those as well or can I just use some of the left over 4004's I have already?
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic