icon

python 5000 won't start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rescu2000 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Got it working! I had touse the external relay pack. The ignition wire and starter wire in the ribbon harness must have been negative triggers for the relay even though they were called positive. I assume because they drive the positive output from the relays. So wired up the relay pack o power and used the pink and uple wires for ignition and start and viola! As I thought, it would be a duh moment. Thanks for all of the help. You leading me through the thought process of how the flcan saw the remote starter was the push I needed. Thanks again!
Oh and for those that are wondering , the brake I'd work through the flcan for shutdown even though it says it isn't supported in the chart.
rescu2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Grrr... Brake DID work. Stupid iPad keyboard.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
cool. trust me you are not alone when it comes to these new firmware based bypasses and chrystlers are some of the worst ones to have to do your first time due to the complexity of the install BUT it still beats doing it the old way with relays and resistors. i was trained using the older vehicle specific bypasses then i took a 2 year hiatus from installing only to come back to these new-fangled contraptions and it took me a long time to figure out how to use them with nobody to tell me how.
rescu2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2012 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Furthermore, it turns out that you were right (and the instructions clearly wrong) on the ignition status ouput and the two inputs. I had to split the status output off of the inputs, remove the diode and hook the inputs to the relay ignition output and the status output to the yellow remote start ignition input on the ribbon cable.   Otherwise the alarm brain was not detecting ignition which meant I couldn't program anything with the valet switch, reset the NPC, etc.
Everything is working well now.
One other note, the trunk status input was supposed to be a multiplexed input for zone 4. I tried wiring that to a 508d so that it was on a different zone than the shock sensor. It would trigger but wouldn't warn away. I fixed this by leaving the trigger wire to the sensor connected to the trunk trigger and connecting the warn away wire to the green shock sensor wire loop (after cutting it). So my shock sensor is warning and triggering off of the blue zone two wire and the 508d is triggering on the trunk status wire and warning away on the green zone 2 wire. Works well and sine the green and blues are multiplexed, either wire can handle warn away and trigger through the same wire.
I know you already know this, just putting out there for anyone else that is interested.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic