dei 516u voice module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
polishhurricane 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2012 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
benzo33 wrote:
The GWA output of the alarm to send a signal to your accessories, i.e. the 516L,so that the voice module can say "viper armed" or "viper disarmed".  You would only need to diode isolate if you had more than one accessory, i.e. DEI 529t or DEI 530t. Did you connect the blue(neg. hood/trunk trigger) and the green(neg. door trigger)? The yellow wire is necessary if you have a remote start and would be connected the the ignition. Just check your connections....
Nah I don't have those modules or the doors/locks hooked up. Don't have remote start.   Just a basic basic. I'll check my connections.
Thanks for the advice.
polishhurricane 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah so I checked all my connections, the screwed up thing is that the normal siren works and I have the same siren input wire going to the siren as I do to the 516U. Also, the same 12V coming from the engine is going into the 516U.
Do you know if the orange needs to be actually grounded? It's connected to the brain, but not grounded.
polishhurricane 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
nvm, I'm good on the orange. Anybody know how to test the siren? It's just the kind with 2 wires, both brown the go to gray.
benzo33 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
No.
2001 Corolla S and 2005 Neon SRT 4 ACR.
polishhurricane 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah so get this...
I check all my connections:
- I attach yellow for ignition
- Orange GWA had 50 on 2000m, then when I arm it had none (GWA I'm guessin')
- I'm pretty damn sure the siren wire works, but the GWA is more important anyway.
- Gray speaker output does a constant 11 volts
- I attach re-attached the ground to a zero resistance ground and my speaker made a popping noise, like it was on every time I touched it to ground.
- Siren/Speaker also has continuity and reads 0 for resistance when I attach multimeter. Should it have resistance?
Anybody know if with that information the speaker/siren would be good or bad?
polishhurricane 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah so... the speaker was perfectly good. It turns out that the 516U they sent me was DOA. Bought a 516L (or whatever it is, the newer one) and it worked no problems. Hooked it up the same too. Now I have a PA, recorder and a badass voice module. If anybody reads this, just buy the newer version.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Good last comment there but your first post said "positapped" I hope you really meant soldered, that would explain any bad connections.
quasimodem 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I am sure you will be happier with the 516L. I have my motion detector warn away playing a clip I got off of Youtube from an old star trek episode where the Enterprise's computer is saying "self destruct sequence completed and engaged" from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOvuzrpHqwo
:)
I was able to pull the mic connector out of the the unit and plug my Iphone directly in to record, but you have to test and change the output volume so as not to overwhelm the recording unit of the 516L
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic