icon

02 Pontiac Grand Prix, Viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alexp1289 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2012 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
only need to extend the wires like 3 feet I should be fine right? probably a little bit less than that but that should be no problem right?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2012 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
no problems
alexp1289 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2012 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
does anybody know what the light flash polarity would be for my car I haven't been able to find that. I just need to know where to put the fuse thats in the brain of the alarm.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2012 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
Look in the vehicle wiring section here before posting.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2012 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
alexp1289 wrote:
does anybody know what the light flash polarity would be for my car I haven't been able to find that. I just need to know where to put the fuse thats in the brain of the alarm.
Did you check your wiring with a DMM. Do you know how to tell if it is a Positive trigger with your Meter? You are checking the wires before making the connection? Tell us what the DMM did when you checked the wire... Or look at your tech sheet and see what symbol it gives you, then Test anyway to be sure its correct. Now would probably be a good time to learn these basic fundamentals. Will help on next Install.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
alexp1289 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2012 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
Do I test using the wires on my headlight harness? That's what I would think to do. Or can I use the wires on my blinkers? They also flash when I lock the car. Hook the black to the ground on the car and the red to 1 of the wires and look for a spike in the voltage when the lights flash? I'd also look for a +/- sign next to the jumping numbers right? Then I'd know which one it is?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2012 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

No, you want to test the actual wire you will be connecting the Viper to.

To locate the wire for the parking lights that the Viper connects to, first obtain several

wiring guides.  Howard suggested the listing for your car in this sites "Vehicle Wiring" area.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~7175  You should also go to the Bulldog site
( http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp ) and the Ready Remote site
( http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp ) to download and print their info.  For your vehicle, all
three have consistant info as follows :

PARKING LIGHTS ( + )   BROWN (+)    @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH

This gives you all you need to locate & verify the correct wire and set the Viper fuse/jumper
properly.  At the back of the vehicles Hweadlight switch is a connector with several wires.  At
leat one of the them is Brown ( prehaps only one of them is Brown ).  Set your Digital Multi
Meter to 20V DC, connect the Black lead to a good chassis ground and the Red lead to the suspect Brown
wire using the "bed-of-nails" test lead.  When you turn the Headlight switch to the parking lights
postion the DMM should read +12v.  You now have located and verified the correcrt wire that you
will use during the install.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2012 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
K, don't you hate some keyboards, Hweadlight switch?
My favourite is ANSQWER
I think wqe should either learn to ytpe or slow down!
And no I left the above as it would be before edits.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2012 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
02 Pontiac Grand Prix, Viper 5704 - Page 8 -- posted image.   Somehow I missed that typo and I even run Speckie!   Oh, the shame of it...   02 Pontiac Grand Prix, Viper 5704 - Page 8 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
alexp1289 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Before you guys say anything I'm not done with my install, so don't give me any crap about that. I work a lot so I have done what I can here and there just connecting the wires that won't disable my car :-P I'm very close to being done though so that's a good thing. I have one question about the bypass module. The little wires coming from the ignition is where my bypass module wires get soldered? Correct? It doesn't seem logical that any would go to my thick ignition wires but I just wanted to ask.
Page of 17

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic