icon

viper 5902 in 1999 ford explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nextelmike 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2012 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you guys for all the help i am slowly getting this thing figured out its hard when i have to drive this vehicle everyday.. but okay i have connected H3 as listed above but still no remote start... i think its because i have to change the setting from manual trans to auto... but i get no status LED on the valet switch to change anything and no flashing from it on lock or unlock so that is confusing.. I have the lock and unlock working with siren chirps the 530T works as it is supposed to minus the drivers window i have to figure out how to interface with the relay on the truck for the "one-touch" drivers window down..UGH I have no clue how to do that i know where the relay is tho.. i also have constant 12V @ H1/11 for the parking lights so when it is connected to the parking lights on the truck they just come on and stay on...no flash just constant..the fuse it set to (+) on the brain.. do the jumpers on the back of the brain have anything to do with anything (vertical or horizontal) there are two of them and are for something D2D??    You guys have been a HUGE help with this i just want to say thank you again!!
NExtelmike
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2012 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  

1. When you try to remote start, do you get any clicking from the brain or flashes from the parking lights? Is so How many flashes from the parking lights?

2. What exact place or wire did you connect H1/11 to on the vehicle??

3. What brand of bypass are you useing if needed?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2012 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  

Is anything connected to H1/4?  It is not used in your application.  Just insulate the end of the wire.

Think I would connect the Viper Tach Input, Violet/White, to a good tach source and do a Tach Learn.  Ensure you are programmed for Auto Trans, then try a remote start.  Might have to program the Viper to Tach Mode, also.

Soldering is fun!
nextelmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2012 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Smokeman1 when I press the remote start button i get nothing from the Brain no clicking no lights flashing nothing...H1/11 is not connected to anything at the moment because it has constant 12V (causes parking lights to stay on constant 24/7) unless the truck is running with the key but i had it connected to the WHITE/ black wire at the headlight switch which is the parking light wire... the Bypass i am using is DEI's 555P for Fords..
Kreg357 no H1/4 is not connect to anything i have it tied up because it is not used...i have the Tach wire connected to a Tach source which is pin 48 @ PCM and the wire is tan / YELLOW... i have tried to program for auto trans but i am unable to do so because i have not response from the command center (it does nothing no LED when armed or unarmed) valet mode the LED should stay on but it wont come on at all..   viper 5902 in 1999 ford explorer - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Do either of y'all know how to interface the 530T with the onboard relay in the truck for driver's "one-touch" down feature? I have the passenger window working correctly but the drivers window has nothing until the 530T is interfaced with the on board relay....i know the location of the relay just not sure which pins to connect what too...
NExtelmike
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2012 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

Wouldn't worry about the 530t at this point.  What does your remote tell you after you try to remote start. Possibly your remote is not paired to the starter brain.

If you meter the H1/11 it is showing 12 volts?!   I think you have a defective unit.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
nextelmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2012 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied and updated y'all my internet has been down but is back now ovb.. I want to say THANKS again ya'll have been awesome there is no way i could have figured this out without ya'all.. okay so i ended up buying another unit i bought the 5704 and bought the xpresskit bypass (much easier to use than the one i had) and have it hooked up and i have the remote start working, doors lock and unlock, lights flash and siren emits chirps.. but i cant not seem to find the OEM alarm disarm wire the wiring diagram i have says it's (darkGREEN/ purple) in the drivers kick panel but there are several of those there i am not sure which one to use they all have very low voltage during unlock and lock but it does not disable the OEM alarm.. so i am still having to use both factory and viper remotes UGH.. and I am not sure how to get the dome lights to come on with unlock either unless i use the factory remote..i have tried connecting the Dome light supervision wire H2/7 to the dome light wire (BLACK/ light blue) in the explorer but it doesn't work... I also still am unable to figure out the 530T i have the passenger window working like its supposed to but i dont know how to connect to the relay of the drivers window to bypass the factory "one-touch down" right now it wont do anything the factory relay just clicks.. I am slowly getting this thing put in.. Thanks to y'alls help!!
NExtelmike
nextelmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I have everything working except the dome light supervision H2/7 BLACK / YELLOW i think i have to use a relay but i am not sure how to wire it!? Can you please help???
NExtelmike
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic