icon

rs suggestions for manual 2004 jeep tj

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

I just bought a 2004 Jeep TJ with a standard transmission. I am hoping to find a good remote start system, but only need a basic one as I don't have power door locks or anything. A one-button remote I can put in my pocket would be ideal, but anything small is good too. I know I'll need a transponder bypass too, so could use suggestions on a good one (no sacrificing key.) I don't want to spend a ton on a system and not use anything on it either!

Thanks for the help all :)

·Ï¢årµ§·
rs suggestions for manual 2004 jeep tj -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  

For the transponder bypass, look at the Fortin INT-SL+.  Street price about $43, comes pre-loaded with firmware, easy to install & easy to program ( with only one key ) and very reliable.  https://ifar.ca/en/products/flash/int-sl+/

What type of range is needed with the R/S?  A Compustar CM6200 with the RF-1BAM remotes is good to about 800 feet and the remotes are very small.  http://www.compustar.com/remotes/RF-1Bam.php 

There are other high quality systems out there, just make sure it is safe for manual transmission vehicles.

Soldering is fun!
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  

I was looking at the Compustar one button system, but wasn't sure the big rubber button would last. They do have a metalized version of that remote too though...

Any other brands that are manual trans compatible? I really like the look of the Viper Reponder One # 4203V, but don't think it's compatible.

·Ï¢årµ§·
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  

Not sure if the Compustar one button metal one is still available. Didn't see it listed on their WEB site.   It was the FM version and had a 300 foot range.

Soldering is fun!
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  

I emailed these guys to see what they have (like this remote):

http://www.lockdownsecuritycanada.ca/product_p/rf1bam1wtr.htm

I've bought stuff from them before, so hopefully they can help again :)

Anymore suggestions would be great. Any info on that Viper one I mentioned and what I might need to use it?

·Ï¢årµ§·
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

I really like the DEI 4203 (either Python or Viper etc) Responer One units but have gotten conflicting info on if they work with a manual trans.

I emailed someone at Directed and they said it will work as is. but according to the install manual and everywhere I've read online, it says its it wont work! :(

Would I need a DEI 689M if I can even find one, or will it work without?

Any other suggestions on good one-button/small remote units would be great too still please!

·Ï¢årµ§·
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

Anyone got  a DEI 689M for sale?

·Ï¢årµ§·
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  

Didn't realize I had made two posts asking for advice:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~132547~PN~1

Fwiw, the Viper does need a 689M (I picked a 689M up on eBay.) But I'm still not sure which system to go with (the Viper Responder One 4203V, or Compustar PRO RF-1WBAM?)

Please repond in the linked post above if you could, no need to have two threads going...

·Ï¢årµ§·
kreg357 
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  

The Compustar system ( CM6200s ) is manual transmission safe and does not require the DEI 689M either.

I have installed and also used the Compustar systems with excellent results on manual transmission vehicles.  The one button remotes are small and hold-up well.  Never used a Viper 4203V so I really can't comment or compare the two models. 

Soldering is fun!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
+1 for the compustar. I used to install all DEI units and have completely switched over to compustar. They are fully upgrade-able and hold up very well. The RF-1BAM is a very nice small remote. Also, the compustar MTS ready mode is easier to activate over the DEI. With DEI units, you usually have to press a button on the remote to activate the MTS ready more. With Compustar you just put the ebrake on, take your foot off the brake (you will hear a click). Then when you turn the key off, the vehicle will stay running until you open and close the door. Then it will shut down, lock, and ready mode is activated.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic