icon

rs suggestions for manual 2004 jeep tj

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  

Both of you guys say the remotes aren't as good as other Compustar ones in this thread:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~132361~PN~0~TPN~1

Is that the same system/remotes (I know the brains are different, the one I'm looking at uses the 6200)

·Ï¢årµ§·
rs suggestions for manual 2004 jeep tj - Page 2 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
No, the CS600 system is an entry level unit that comes with its' own remotes.  With CM6200 systems, you must purchase separately the Remote / Antenna Kit.  There is a lot of flexibility with the remote kits.  You can use anything from a one button one-way unit with 800 feet of range, to a 4 button one way kit with 3000 feet, to two-way systems with LCD displays and a mile of range, etc...   Plus you can upgrade easily in the future to  different style remotes.
Soldering is fun!
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

Ah, k, I didn't know if the remotes were the same or not, they looked the same. I knew the brains were different :)

Thanks

·Ï¢årµ§·
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2012 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  

I received my unit today and was disappointed to see the remotes do look like the ones I asked about above (silver button/inset), but was told by the place they are the PRO ones, but up here in Canada they still use the silver button/inset in them instead of all black like the USA. I hope they last as they do feel pretty cheap to me even if they are the PRO ones! :(

I got a FTDAS to try, and a mercury switch to use instead of a pin switch as I've had no luck with them. Using a Blade-TB as I have no accessories in the Jeep.

Just need to find some time to get it installed.

Any suggestions or tips would be good. Merry Christmas all :)

·Ï¢årµ§·
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2012 at 4:45 AM / IP Logged  

The BLACK/ Orange wire that Directed and others says is ACC1, it reads 12V only in run. Would it be better connected as a 2nd Ign wire? Its for the Air Bag Module, AC/Heater Blower/Blend Door etc...

Probably doesn't matter right? Though, if I set the 'Extended Acc after Ign shutoff 4-08' in the settings (which would be nice in ways), it would keep the blower etc on. Then again, I don't know if the Air Bag Module would like to see the cranking voltage if set as an Ign wire? Hmm... :(

·Ï¢årµ§·
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  

I'm still looking for input into my question above please on the BLACK/ Orange wire on the Jeep wether it should be ACC as Directed has shown, or IGN as it only has power in Run? 

Finally, a BLACK/ Dark Green wire on the Jeep is also powered in Run+Acc, it goes to the multifunction switch, but I have no idea what it powers on that (combo flasher Ign-on I think.) Think it would be optional as well?

Also there is a WHITE/ Pink wire that is powered in Run+Acc, but is for the radio and front wipers it looks like, optional right?

Directed wiring doesn't even list these last two wires as needed... I love checking stuff that doesn't match the wiring diagrams I get :(

Would it matter wiring the TB-bypass D2D as I dont have power locks/windows etc so dont think there'd be anything to wire up anyway W2W?

Tach signal injector or coil? I have 6 inj wires, 3 coil pack in a rail wires to pick from, probably doesn't matter which I use?...

·Ï¢årµ§·
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2012 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Some ACC wires have power only on the run position. What makes it an IGN wire vs an ACC wire is whether it's still powered during crank.
If it's powered during crank, it's an IGN wire. If it turns off during crank, it's an ACC wire.
Everyone is different, but I personally like to power every wire and mimic exactly what the key does when it's turning. Every ACC and especially every IGN wire.
D2D is fine since it's only going to pull power, ground, GWR starter input (if needed).
Tach wire is any uncommon color on any coil or injector. Some coils and injectors have more than 2 wires. But generally only one is not the same, that's the one you want to use. I prefer personally an injector if I can reach it but a coil works great too.
Directwire states -
Tachometer      NOT dk grn/lt grn, dk grn/org      ac      ignition coil or any fuel injector
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2012 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  

What if it powered only in Run, like this BLACK/ Orange wire I'm talking about, if I use it as an ACC and use the delayed option the blower will stay on??

Thanks for the tips on the other stuff too :)

·Ï¢årµ§·
shortcircuit161 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not too familiar with the options on the Compustar but Directwire does label that BLACK/ Orange wire as an ACC wire. I would test it to be sure though.
12volts      pink/black (30A), red (20A)      +      ignition harness
Starter      yellow      +      ignition harness
Second Starter      N/A           
Ignition      dk. blue      +      ignition harness
Second Ignition      N/A           
Third Ignition      N/A           
Accessory      BLACK/ orange      +      ignition harness
Second Accessory      BLACK/ dk. green and WHITE/ pink      +      ignition harness
Notes: Not required for remote start.
shortcircuit161 
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
I just looked thru the manual and realized what option 4-08 is. It's used to keep the Accessories (heat, radio, etc) running after the ignition is shut off. It has nothing to do with starting the vehicle.
It's similar to newer vehicles that have Retained Accessory Power that keeps the radio running after shutting the engine off until you open the door.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic