icon

rs suggestions for manual 2004 jeep tj

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

Yes I know, I'm just trying to figure out what I should do with that wire as I mentioned as I'd like to use that option... Also, the other wires if I should use them as Directed instructions don't show them at all...

·Ï¢årµ§·
rs suggestions for manual 2004 jeep tj - Page 3 -- posted image.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
I've done installs where Directwire or Audiovox tech states certain ACC wires aren't necessary for remote start and I connect them anyway.
If the factory switch powers them, why shouldn't the remote starter? There are many reasons others would disagree (mainly because it's an added expense to add extra relays), but I personally like everything working when I remote start my vehicle.
If you chose to power those 2 other wires, make sure you use relays to separate them.
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, The remote starts I've done too I've always powered it as the factory does, hence my confusion with this wire.

Anyone know which I should do, IGN or ACC for it?

·Ï¢årµ§·
shortcircuit161 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Test it with your meter. If it's powered when you turn the key to crank the engine, set it as an Ignition wire.
If it loses power momentarily when cranking the engine, set it as an ACC wire.
There are often times when Directwire or Audiovox list wires as IGN and they test as ACC wires and vice versa. If no info were available and you had to test all the wires, that's how you know which is an ACC, IGN or Starter wire.
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

I've tested it, BLACK/ Orange only has power in Run. Hence my questions.

·Ï¢årµ§·
shortcircuit161 
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Your key switch has 4 possible settings -
I'm referring to the "Start" position. An ACC wire will not be powered when the key is in the momentary "Start" position of the switch. An ACC wire can have power in either the "ACC" or "On/Run" position but NOT in the "Start" position when the engine is actually cranking to start.
The only wire(s) that would have power in the "on/run" position and during crank ("start" position) is an Ignition wire. All others that had power before cranking the engine and lose power while cranking are ACC wires.
Hope that clears up the confusion. rs suggestions for manual 2004 jeep tj - Page 3 -- posted image.
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

No confusion, this wire Directed says is the ACC wire, only has power in the Run/On position. Any way to make it work that way?

I want to enable an option as I mentioned to have the ACC stay on after the IGN is shut off like some cars do (for radio mainly. I'd have to add a 2nd ACC wire to power it though.) I can't do that if I use the BLACK/ Orange wire as a ACC, as the climate blower etc will stay on with the Jeep off...

I just realized too I can't make it an IGN either as that would add to much to the cranking draw with it all on :( I wonder if that wire in question can be made to just work in Run like it does from the factory??

·Ï¢årµ§·
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

Screw this, I'm not bothering with that option 4-08. It's a manual trans Jeep, and in Reservation Mode it will stay running till I shut the door or however I program it anyways, so its not needed as a friend pointed out today! d'oh!

·Ï¢årµ§·
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic