the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

bed cut for 15's 2011 sierra.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2012 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
you only need one XXX.
01ws6/tamu 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2012 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
hmmmmm!!!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2012 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
I would use kicker cvr's over the w0 for your application. The W0 just isnt a sturdy enough woofer to put up with what you sound like your gonna put it through. They arent bad subs by any means but they arent gonna give you the output your looking for IMO. I sell both at my shop but the CVR has a higher power handling and are generally a louder, more durable sub in my experience. And you should be able to get  a pair in your price range pretty easily.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
smgreen20 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2012 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Let me through this at you, A friend of mine had a '94 Chevy SS truck and put two 15" Volcano subs in the bed, but what he did that differs from what you're thinking of doing, is he built a 6th order bandpass box for the subs and ran 4" ports (flex tube) from the bed to the cab. He then put 5 1/4" speaker grills over the ports on the inside of the cab for a clean look. Bed had a cover on it and it had rhino lining.
Only the amps remained in the cab on the back wall.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
smgreen20 wrote:
Let me through this at you, A friend of mine had a '94 Chevy SS truck and put two 15" Volcano subs in the bed, but what he did that differs from what you're thinking of doing, is he built a 6th order bandpass box for the subs and ran 4" ports (flex tube) from the bed to the cab. He then put 5 1/4" speaker grills over the ports on the inside of the cab for a clean look. Bed had a cover on it and it had rhino lining.
Only the amps remained in the cab on the back wall.
that couldnt have sounded good at all. if you want a system that only plays loud and has a very narrow frequency response and doesnt sound good even with the notes it does hit, then by all means use the bandpass box.
also, flextube for a port? that just doesnt sound like a good idea. never done it before but i just dont see how that could sound right.
01ws6/tamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2012 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Went ahead and ordered a set of kicker 15" CVX with dual 4 ohm voice coils. I had a set once upon a time of the inverted cone kicker comps and was very impressed. Figured it was time to give kicker another test drive and see if they will pound like my memory says they used to.
01ws6/tamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have some real world feedback on the newer kicker cvx subs or their subs in general from the last few years.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: September 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
of their entire line up, the CVX is probably the best sub they make. its basically a round L7 which means its not quite as loud as an L7 but it doesnt have the typical problems of a square design. they are loud and they can take some abuse but dont treat them like they are competition quality either.
01ws6/tamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2012 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
That being said they should last me quite well. I want them to hit hard when I'm ready to rattle my teeth out. But for 3/4 of the time they will be at a sane level doing daily driver duty.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic