icon

2006 town & country, remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznmax2k 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2012 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  

Yes i did check the tach sesing mode and set in tach 2-10 option 1. But i have some good news. This morning i got out to work i tried again and this thing just start right up and only 1 shot. I think last night when i tried to start with my 2 way remote  more than 100 yards from my house the remote show nothing( Something wrong with this remote). I thought it wasn't working but this morning around 6AM I tried on the 1 way remote and work like i wanted. I'll tried again after work and see if it still work and let you all know.

Thanks you all.

aznmax2k 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kreg, after took the unit out today and check I found out what I miss last time was select ( Tach output : on ) in the blade. After select both unit and the blade my van can start anytime now without the tach wire to ignition coil. It doesn't matter how long I left it cold.
Thank you all and specially is Kreg for the help.
kevmartin64 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2015 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
I am also connecting a remote starter to my wife's 2006 Chrysler Town & Country.
I have a Viper 4204V remote start and idatalink AL CA that I flashed for the Viper 4204V. I am using the DBI data port connections between the 4204 and AL CA. Aside from the 12V constant and Accessory to the 4204 and 12V constant to the idatalink AL CA with CH6 connection into the ignition do I need anything else to complete the install? Thanks, Kevin
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2015 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
The idatalink guide will tell you exactly what needs to be connected. Follow that guide
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kevmartin64 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2015 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Ted, I connected everything according to the idatalink instruction and can get the doors to unlock and lock but when it came to starting, I can hear the relays clicking inthe Viper 4205 controller but no engine start. Not sure what I did wrong but red on other posts that Chryslers seem to have problrms and some installs need resistors and relays.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2015 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
did you connect a starter wire and ignition wire to the vehicle?
looks like the guide has changed since I saw it last
Ted
Compustar Expert
kevmartin64 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2015 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Ted, The Viper 4204 remote start 12 gauge harness has an 8 pin connector.I have connected the Red 12V fused ignition 1 output and the RED / Black 12V fused Accessory/Starter input directly to the battery. The remaining wires are not connected. Do I connect the (+) 12 gauge Violet starter output wire to the vehicle starter wire (Yellow) in the ignition harness and also the (+) 12 gauge Pink ignition 1 output to the vehicle ignition wire (pink/white) at the ignition connector. Note that the idatalink ALCA (DBI-AL-CH6) connection is spliced into the vehicle ignition wire (pink/white) in 3 places according to the CH6 guide. Your help is much appreciated.
Kevin
tedmond 
Posted: January 08, 2015 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
the violet start wire, pink ignition wire needs to be connected to the car.
Make sure you power up the Red and RED / White 12v inputs. I cant recall if there are 3 power inputs. haven't used a viper in sometime
Ted
Compustar Expert
kevmartin64 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2015 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Ted, I will give it a shot tonight and let you know how it works.
kevmartin64 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ted, Still no joy with the Viper 4204 and idatalink ALCA for the remote start.
I fashed the idatalink to "other" since there was no 4204 option for the 2006 Chrysler Town & Country. The viper remote locs and unlocks with no problem. When I press the remore start, I can hear the relays clicking but no acivity on the car. The flashing blue LED on the comand module antena flashed 3 times meaning low or no RPM so I guess this is normal until the remote start is working. I have connected the 4204 +12V inputs in the rmote start harness and +12V on the main harness so there is 4 x +12V inputs.
The 4204 violet wire off the remote start harness is connected to the car starter wire in the ignition harness. The 4204 pink wire of the remote start harness is connected to the ignition at the idatalink connection (I tried before the idatalink and after and it makes no difference). This should not me so difficult yet still the engine has no signs of cranking.
Do I need to connect the 4204 Orange accessory output (+) to the car? Thanks for your help.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic