the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

'08 dodge caliber viper 5204/evo chr t2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, H3/4 Violet (+) Stater ( thick wire ) goes to the EVO-CHR Light Blue/Black (+) Starter Input ( thin wire ).

Can't help too much with the Viper programming ( I use the BitWriter ).  As long as the EVO-CHR is programmed properly to the vehicle, it should output the Door Trigger EVO-CHR Green wire to Viper H2/6.  Hopefully the EVO-CHR outputs an Ignition signal on the Yellow wire to the Viper H3/1.  You could check to see if this happens with a DMM while cycling the ignition key OFF to ON ( and also test the Door Trigger output wire with the door open & closed ).

Soldering is fun!
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if it's the same but I know the avitals you need to press unlock on the remote before you can get into programming mode
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Yes, H3/4 Violet (+) Stater ( thick wire ) goes to the EVO-CHR Light Blue/Black (+) Starter Input ( thin wire ).

Can't help too much with the Viper programming ( I use the BitWriter ).  As long as the EVO-CHR is programmed properly to the vehicle, it should output the Door Trigger EVO-CHR Green wire to Viper H2/6.  Hopefully the EVO-CHR outputs an Ignition signal on the Yellow wire to the Viper H3/1.  You could check to see if this happens with a DMM while cycling the ignition key OFF to ON ( and also test the Door Trigger output wire with the door open & closed ).

So no other wires from the H3 harness? If that's the case, all my connections seem to be correct.
The problem may be in the viper unit from a programming standpoint. I just need to figure out how to get it in programming mode.
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
Not sure if it's the same but I know the avitals you need to press unlock on the remote before you can get into programming mode
Great! I'll try that. I got to work once. But can't seem to get III again, even after trying for an hour. Damn DEI.
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Ok. Got into e programming mode - had the doors locked with OEM key fob. DOH!
Still no remote start! Seven clicks from VIPER box.
Can it be the H3/4 violet starter output is the incorrect wire?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
Look in the Viper manual. The seven clicks are the parking lights diagnostics. Watch the lights to see how many times they flash (most likely 7) then look in the troubleshooting section to see what corresponds to the number of light flashes. That will tell you what is causing it to not start. I am thinking that it is possibly in manual mode... but it's been a while since I've dealt with DEI
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
Look in the Viper manual. The seven clicks are the parking lights diagnostics. Watch the lights to see how many times they flash (most likely 7) then look in the troubleshooting section to see what corresponds to the number of light flashes. That will tell you what is causing it to not start. I am thinking that it is possibly in manual mode... but it's been a while since I've dealt with DEI
I programmed it to automAtic but now it clicks 8 times with no start. 8 clicks mean neutral safety shutdown. Checked the the BLACK/ white neutral safety wire from viper and it is connected to the fortin embrace status wire. Is this incorrect?
I also check the neutral safety switch for continuity and its good. Yes this switch is connected to viper brain and in the ON position.
I'm stumped!!!!!
Again thanks so much everyone's help. Any other ideas?
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure the neutral safety h2/2 stays grounded throughout the remote start, check with DMM. Also have you programmed the chr? Or are you leaving key in the ignition while trying to remote start?
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
rjkboyle wrote:
Make sure the neutral safety h2/2 stays grounded throughout the remote start, check with DMM. Also have you programmed the chr? Or are you leaving key in the ignition while trying to remote start?
The H2/2 neutral safety input is connected directly to the fortin bypass. So is the H2/17 hood pin and the H2/19 trunk, for that matter. I know these need to see ground before the RS will start. But I though connecting them to the fortin was doing just that. At least that the way the instructions had it.
Should I remove there's from the fortin and ground directly?
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
I ahve programmed the chr. Tried remote starting with the key in the ignition and no luck either.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic