icon

viper 4704v ’07 4 runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
c_hawks 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing a Viper 4704v remote start in my 2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab,4 cylinder manual transmission. This will be my first install. Any tips and wiring schematics or easyinstall steps (possibly with pictures)? I could use any and all help. Thanks
C_Hawks
2009 Toyota Tacoma Access cab
4 cylinder, manual trans
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
looking to install the viper 4704v remote start in a 2007 Toyota 4-Runner. Could use any and all help. Wiring schematics, pictures, tips again any help please. Thanks
C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  

Link to wiring guide:  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

Do a search on this web site for your vehicle. You may find useful info for your install.  And a bypass is needed.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
Wiring info here -
http://readyremote.com/print.asp?action=select&yr=24807&product=Remote%20Start
You will need a bypass module. It will only control the immobilizer so you would need to wire everything up to the truck (locks, door trigger, tach, etc).
Make sure you don't use virtual tach. Must use a hard wired tach connecction for manual trans. Also, need to connect the door trigger wire. Otherwise it's a fairly straightforward install even if it's your first one. Nothing complicated with that truck.
You can get bypass modules from Xpresskit, idatalink or Fortin. I personally prefer idatalink and Fortin.
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a Viper 4704v remote start in my 2009 Toyota Tacoma Access cab. It is a base model 4 cylinder and manual transmission. I am having problems finding the Transponder Key Amplifier to hook up the data key bypass. Or does it even have a chipped key? Also I am uncertain about some of the wires for the Remote Start 8-pin connector the wires are:

Pink (+) Ignition 1 input/output       connected to Ignition Switch pin 6 BLACK/ Red

RED / White (+) 12VDC Constant Input for Ignition 2 and flex relays  connected to Ignition Switch pin 5 WHITE/ Red

Orange (+) Accessory output       connected to Ignition Switch pin 2 WHITE/ Green

Violet (+) Starter output        connected to Ignition Switch pin 7 GREEN/ Black

Red (+) 12VDC Constant input for Ignition 1 relay   connected to Ignition Switch pin 4 WHITE/ Blue

Pink/White (+) Ignition 2/ Flex relay Output       connected to Ignition Switch pin 1 Blue / YELLOW

Pink/Black (+) Flex relayinput 87A key side (if required) of Flex relay     Not connected

RED / Black (+) 12VDC Constant Input for ACC and starter relays         Not Connected

Is this correct? Does one of the 12VDC suppose to have 2 wires connected to it or does the 3rd 12VDC (RED / Black) go somewhere else?

PLEASE HELP

C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
For ignition 2 (BLUE / YELLOW)you need to have the H3/7 30 Flex hooked up to power it from ingition 1_BLACK/ Red or +12v Battery_ WHITE/ Blue, this is a preference on which one to use the 2010 says to use +12v! And starter 2 I think is a lower voltage connection that needs to have power, though I never done one. To test starter 2 w/DMM turn key to start and read volts. If +12v then you will need an additional SPDT relay controlled by H2/18 to power it. And Key sense need to be hooked up to bypass module. This pictorial for the 2010 should also help.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~130004~PN~1
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 4:13 AM / IP Logged  
Check this link for a pictorial. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~130004
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info. Still alittle confused for there are 4 connectors that came with the Viper 4704

Main harness, 6-pins  each pin is labeled H/1 thru H/6

Door lock, 3-pin labeld 1 thru 3

Remote Start, 8-pin labeled 1 thru 8 (H3 connector?)

Auxiliary/Shtudown harness 24-pin labeled h/1 thru H/24 (by the pin numbers in the post, H2/18, that pin is the Aux harness connector, H2 connector?)

Also, I'm alittle slow on the up take what is SPDT relay.

Again thanks for all the info

C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

The 30 Flex on the H3/7  is that the same as the Flex Relay? There is no 30 Flex just eh flowing:

ON AUX/AHUTDAOWN HARNESS

(-) 200mA Flex relay control output

ON REMOTE START, 8-Pin connector

Pin 2 - RED / White  (+) 12VDC constant input for ignition2 & flex relays

Pin 6 - Pink/White (+) Ignition 1 / Flex relay output

Thanks for the help. I just don't want to screw this up.

Pin 7 - Pink/Black (+) Flex relay input 87A key side (if required) of Flex Relay

So I guess the question is which flex to hook up?

C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  

So here we go again.

I am trying to install the module that Viper said I needed to go with the Viper 4704 remote start I am installing in my truck (2009 Toyota Tacoma manual transmission). but I realize now why most don't like the Xpresskit brand (I think) no wiring instructions. What goes to what? what a mess I got myself into!

I NEED HELP!!!!!

Thanks

C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic