the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 4704v ’07 4 runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

What "module" are we talking about? 

Soldering is fun!
c_hawks 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

Xpresskit nexgen module for all databus types. It doesn't give model # other than P/N DBALL. The wiring harness says DB-ALL harness kit.

When I went to Viper's website and did a search by vehicle for an remote start it said I needed the interface module.

C_Hawks
2009 Toyota Tacoma Access cab
4 cylinder, manual trans
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
I have looked everywhere the wiring diagrams and instructions have told me where the connector for the key immoblizer should be and I must be blind. Also does anyone know what the letter "L" stamped on a Toyota Tacoma key means? Might have to go to the dealer to find out I guess. Thanks
C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Try www.expresskit.com
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. I tried them but they didn't have anything for the Tacoma that I could find. Still looking there thou.
C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=smokeman1]Try www.expresskit.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks found the wiring info needed there after some looking around........Thanks again

Now I just need to find the correct connector f or the immoblizer..... any ideas?

All the connectors in the area of where it is said to be don't much the description.

C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
You should have a 10, 12, anf 14 pin connectors
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
the letter L on the key means that it is a lower type of transponder chip. i dont think they would stamp a letter on if it wasnt chipped. i know the higher level of toyota transponder key is stamped with a G and it took a while for any companies to make a bypass for "G keys".
also you need to have the RED / black wire hooked to a constant 12v source because this is the wire that feeds the starter circuit during remote start. this might be why your truck wont start.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure the truck has a transponder immobilizer system?  Try wrapping the key head in 4 or 5 layers of aluminum foil ( or get a plain metal key made for $1.99 ) and try to start the truck. 

Did you remove both halves of the steering column cover to look for the transponder connector?

Are you sure the DB-ALL has the correct firmware flashed on it for your application?  The DB-ALL has over 15 different firmwares that it uses to support close to 2,000 different platforms.

Soldering is fun!
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

I am not sure.

The D-BALL I bought was the one that when I ran my make and model thru the Viper website said I needed. It could of been wrong abd that's what I get for not talking to a person vs. a machine. Anyways I will try the foil trick and see what happens.

Thanks

C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic