icon

viper 4704v ’07 4 runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Did you figure out the bypass? I use the Data/Combo type by xpresskit so as to limit the number of wires to hook up. But the other 2 brands are supposed to be good too.
c_hawks 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't found any info but now will check out what Xpresskit has. and the other manufactures. Found out that I don't have an immoblizer on my truck so maybe I'll exchange it for the data/Combo. Thanks for the help
C_Hawks
2009 Toyota Tacoma Access cab
4 cylinder, manual trans
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2012 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

Odds are you do NOT have a Transponder key. Only the V6 models come with it standard . You should install the remote start without the DBALL and see what happens. If everything works ok, send the DBALL back for a refund.

c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 3:39 AM / IP Logged  

I finished installing a Viper 4704 remote start on my 2009 Toyota Tacoma 4 cylinder manual transmission. tested it and had 2 issues. 1) it would not start. It gave me the fault code (7 flashes of the status LED) Timer mode/ turbo mode/ manual mode error.Any suggestion on fixing it?

2) when I hooked everything up and connected the 8 pin connector (hooks to the ignition harness) to the remote start box my Air Bag light on my dash came on. Again any suggests on correcting it? Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks

C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
As long as you did not disconnect ANY yellow airbag plugs you should not get a light. If so you will have to scan for codes to find the restraint system fault.
thetopinstaller
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
Usually Toyota airbag lights can be reset by simply diconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
c_hawks, many of your duplicate topics regarding this installation have been merged into this topic. Have a peek at our rules for more info.
viper 4704v ’07 4 runner - Page 4 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

The 4704V Viper unit is Manual Transmission safe and comes from the factory set in that mode.  Your truck is has

a manual transmission, so it is a good match.  The seven blinks in your case mean that you have not successfully
placed the vehicle in "reservation mode" so that a remote startup is possible.  Read the owners manual to see the
steps required at vehicle exit to engage "reservation mode".

Additionally there are several things that are not specifically spelled out in the install guide that must be

done to make the system operate properly with a manual transmission.

The Door Pin ( either + or - ) must be properly connected.

The system must be set to Engine Checking = Tach Mode.  The Tach wire must be connected to a valid tach source

and the Viper must be Tach Learned.

The Neutral Safety wire should be run to the Parking Brake.

And of course the clutch pedal interlock must be properly bypassed during a remote start only.

Soldering is fun!
c_hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kreg357. Now any ideas on why when H3 (8-pin connector) of the remote start accessory wire H3/3 Orange is connected I have constant +12V to the accessory system of the car causing the windows to operate if button pressed and the Air Bag light to remain on?
C_Hawks
4 cylinder, manual trans
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

The Vipers H3/3 Orange wire should only output +12V at certain times during a remote start, never when the Viper is idle. 

With the vehicle OFF, pull the fuse in the H3/8 RED / Black wire and verify the +12V drops.  Then insert the fuse and see if it comes back.  Could be a bad Viper unit.   There is a work around.  Use a 30/40 Amp SPDT relay, controlled by H2/22 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT to power the 4Runners ACC1 wire.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic