the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

advice on remote start dodge ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Remote starter is in Manual Transmission Mode Need to change it to Automatic. Your quick should have a chart with three menus as to where it is. I believe menu 3, Item 1, option 2.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
jcnance 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
OK that's what I was assuming it was it says 7 flashes manual mode error. I'm not sure how to get to the valet/ programming mode though. The sheet I have says to open a door, turn the key to run then turn the key to off and hold down the valet button and I should get a chirp.I never get that chirp though, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or what.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  
Do you get a flash on the LED on the control center? If so that will correspond with the menu you are in, and also for the item you want within that menu.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure the door status input is receiving a signal as well as the main ignition wire at the unit.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
jcnance 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
The controller led is flashing 3 times, but its flashing 3 times no matter what I do.
The system sees the door input for sure, because when I arm the system, then use a key to unlock and open the door the alarm goes off. I will check the main ignition wire.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
jcnance wrote:
OK that's what I was assuming it was it says 7 flashes manual mode error. I'm not sure how to get to the valet/ programming mode though. The sheet I have says to open a door, turn the key to run then turn the key to off and hold down the valet button and I should get a chirp.I never get that chirp though, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or what.
Tap oncce then hold see if that works, then relaease and tap 2 times to advance to menu 3 and hold. Once you get the 3 led flahes for menu 3 relaease and tap nummber of times for the function you want to change and hold then use remote to change (lock= selection1 or down for multi option, unlock=selection2 or up for multi option)
jcnance 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Well I'm happy to report all is well in remote start land! It ended up. Being the main ignition wire, the only one that I used one of those crap crimp over the top of the wires with out cutting having to cut and strip. Thanks offroad for point that out to check, and thanks to everyone else for all the other good help!
I still have one complanit tho. I was able to set the wait to start feature just fine. But call me picky but it seems like the starter is cranking to long. I wasn't sure how to skip thorough the crank times, so I went in and put it to the factory setting, which is the lowest crank time on the list at .6 sec. But the truck starts get between .3 and .4 and I really hate the thought and hate to hear the sound of the extra run time of the starter. Not sure if it will eventually burn the starter up or not.Any thoughts of shaving a little off the crank time?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
The 0.6 Crank time is a maxium limit, setting the Menu 3 Item 2 (Engine Checking Mode) to Tach will limit based on tach input up to the set max crank time.
H2/23 VOILET/WHITE needs to be connected!
NOTE #7; the DIESEL tach wire is a GRAY/BLACK in the BLACK plug at the PCM (Powertrain
Control Module)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic