the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 jeep tj which system+bypass is best?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2012 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  

The OP-500 can be used more than once...  2004 jeep tj which system+bypass is best? - Page 2 -- posted image.   Consider the purchase as a tool, like a good DMM.   

Compustar systems are rock solid and work well with both Fortin and iDatalink products.

Soldering is fun!
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2012 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  

Does the Viper 4203V Defrost wire come on always under 32* like other DEI stuff, or just always on with remote start? Whay sensor triggers that if under 32*?

For the Compustar, I'll need the OP500 (which like kreg just said might be a good tool to have, though I don't know anyone that does this stuff other than me around here.) I think I'll need a temp sensor too (which is fine if I do, its only $10.)

Spring will be here before I decide I think, lol...

·Ï¢årµ§·
2004 jeep tj which system+bypass is best? - Page 2 -- posted image.
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

Anyone know about the 4203V Defrost wire?

I've also been reading about bypasses and W2W or D2D, for my Jeep ('04 TJ), which has no power locks or windows, will I need to worry about this with either the BLADE-TB for the Compustar or the INT-SL+ if I go Viper?

I still dunno which to get either, lol :(

·Ï¢årµ§·
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 6:02 AM / IP Logged  

The Compustar and Blade system actually has a slot for the Blade cartridge to slide into.  This slot has pins that the Blade cartridge mates up with on insertion.   With this setup, there is no W2W or D2D.   A very neat, compact and reliable package. 

Not sure if the Viper 4203V has a programmable Defrost output wire but the Compustar does. 

The standard Factory programmed Fortin INT-SL+ bypass module can not go D2D with the Viper.  The INT-SL+ could go D2D with the Compustar.  For the amount of wires that are necessary for your application in W2W mode mode, it shouldn't be a big issue.  The big plus for using W2W mode is reliability.

Your main hurdle with using the Compustar and Blade combo is getting the Blade cartridge flashed with the correct firmware for your Jeep.  Flashing requires a special ADS USB cable and registered access to the restricted iDatalink WEB site.

Soldering is fun!
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  

The Viper does have a defrost wire, just not sure if it's like the other Viper stuff that works only under 32* as the manual doens't say anything other than how to hook it up.

I'm leaning towards the Compustar I think (bit less wiring), but I already have a 689M if i go Viper, and do like it's remotes better. I'd need an OP500 for the Compustar and temp sensor too, as programming POCs isn't possible with just a remote, so thats extra cost. In the end both will be similar cost I think, thats why I'm having such a hard time deciding...

Thanks for the info, please keep it coming and help me decide! I need to order this soon!

·Ï¢årµ§·
kreg357 
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  

I could be wrong ( not a big Viper user ) but I don't think the 689M module is necessary with the newer, manual trans capable, Viper systems.  Looks like the Viper 420X systems are in this group.  Here is a Viper bullet item in its' description :  •Manual Transmission remote start enabled

Some of the Viper programming options are only accessible with the BitWriter. 

With the Compustar systems, you can go without the temp sensor.  Just add a switch to the Defrost output wire and turn it on in the fall and off in the spring.  But the temp sensor is fairly inexpensive.

Both systems are good, high quality units.  For most customers, it's the remotes appearance that is the deciding factor.

Soldering is fun!
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
I need the 689M for sure for the Viper 4203V. It took a few emails from DEI to confirm this thou, lol. It uses a different brain than others. Thats why I'm not sure if it does activate at the 32*.
·Ï¢årµ§·
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
For the compustar, if you have a idatalink account to flash the modules, you can program the features of the compustar right on the weblink without needing a op-500.
Ideal would be a cm6200, blade, and 1bam remotes. Nice and clean install.
The responder one viper needs the 689m, it is based like an avital 4103. The mainstream models for viper (5101) have it built in like the compustar. but don't come in a 2 way 1 button setup.
cant go wrong with the compustar. i switched over to compustar from dei and am not looking back. it is a much better quality product, may cost a little more, but the quality is there.
If you don't have a idatalink weblink account, you need to be a professional shop to have it. The programmer adapter can be found online though.
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

Arg, I need to decide this weekend, lol... Theres supposed to be snow and colder temps next week plus ;)

Anyone use the Compustar FT-DAS yet with a manual, it looks interesting?

·Ï¢årµ§·
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

Hmm I wonder if my other thread can be merged with this one? This is getting confusing! lol..

With the Compustar, if someone drives it that leaves it in gear (like my brother does usually,) it will not set reservation or keep running/jump if he just shuts it off without letting off the brake with it in gear, right? This is the only part that worries me even with a manual trans ready RS. At least with the Viper I can tell it when I'm ready, or am I worrying to much and its reliable/works well? :(

·Ï¢årµ§·
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic