icon

door trigger?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zapster 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
how do i isolate the doors? i am planning on installing a carbine alarm in my 2006 toyota sienna van but my trouble is hooking up the alarm to 5 doors. I was told to isolate the doors but how? thanx
cowboy
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
Go to the dome light, switched ground on opening the doors.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
zapster wrote:
how do i isolate the doors? i am planning on installing a carbine alarm in my 2006 toyota sienna van but my trouble is hooking up the alarm to 5 doors. I was told to isolate the doors but how? thanx
With howie, also when isolating doors you use 1 amp diodes for each door.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
That's the theory, join with diodes, bands away from the alarm units. 5 x 1N4004 diodes.
In fact it doesn't matter if your vehicle as most Toyotas do has the following.
Open the door, the dome light comes on shut the door, it stays on for about a minute OR until you lock the doors.
If that's the case then you have built in dome supervision and you follow my first post.
zapster 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 3:41 AM / IP Logged  

howie, you mean connect the negative input wire from the alarm to the dome sup wire. In the drawing here about isolating  a door, it said if wire from the alarm is connected to the dome sup light, other features of the vehicle would not work properly like the lights on the dashboard.     In connecting the diode, solder the diode in between the passenger and the right rear door wires(example). How do i connect the trunk wire? thanx

cowboy
zapster 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  
lurch228, does that mean a diode is connected from each door wire to the alarm? thanx
cowboy
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged  
zapster wrote:

How do i connect the trunk wire? thanx

Same way as the doors are to the alarm wire, as you are monitoring all entry points.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 4:40 AM / IP Logged  
zapster wrote:
lurch228, does that mean a diode is connected from each door wire to the alarm? thanx
Yes, with diode stripe towards the door-away from the alarm. IE all non striped ends soldered together to the alarm trigger wire, stripped ends to the doors and hatch.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  
OK what were you smoking when you were told about instrument panel lights?
They've nothing to do with the door triggers or courtesy lights, they are controlled from ignition 2.
In fact forget the diodes, all door and hatch (trunk)trigger are linked, blue (-) at dashboard interior light switch.
Red (-) same place for dome supervision, if you do what I told you earlier, you probably won't need it.
zapster 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

i only got that qoute from the door trigger article that says if the doors are tied together w/out diode, the features of the vehicle would not work properly. Ok howie, i'll try that this week or next and post here my progress. Thanx a lot to all the responses.

cowboy
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic