the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

door trigger?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  

As Howard mentioned, there should be no need to "disable" the airbags while opening up the

steering column to access the Parking Light wire.  As a matter of fact, if you are looking
for the (-) GREEN/ Black Parking Light wire at the Headlight switch connector, there is a
pictorial on a 2005 Sienna ( 2004 thru 2007 should be the same ) in the Pictorials Section.
The pictorial shows the required disassembly, the Headlight Switch Connector and a close-up
of the actual (-) GREEN/ Black Parking Light wire in the connector.  Here is a link to the
pictorial :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~131011~PN~1

The easiest way to "disable" the airbags is to pull the vehicles battery leads and wait 20

minutes ( probably 20 is overkill but airbags aren't cheap  door trigger? - Page 3 -- posted image.  ).  Of course, with the battery
disconnected you have lost the ability to use a DMM ( set to V DC ) or a test light to locate,
test, and verify wires...

Soldering is fun!
zapster 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
nice pix. Thanx a lot.
cowboy
rauenpc2 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Not that it matters in the end, but in the post referencing the dash lights not working, I believe this is a reference to dash lights that can specify exactly which door is open versus a light indicating that a [unknown] door is open. Without diode isolation and with all door triggers connected to the alarm/rs, the dash lights would always indicate that all doors were open at the same time instead of, say, just the driver's door for instance.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
So follow my first post. That's the way I've always done post 2000 Toyotas NEVER any problems and no need for dome supervision.
Right Kregg?
zapster 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2012 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  

That is what I did. next is connect a fuse for the siren and connect the hood micro switch and it is "DONE".  Thanx for all your responses.

cowboy
zapster 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  

I connected the 12v, lock and unlock wires but the vehicle did not unlock. It locked and armed. I tested the unlock wire to 2 other wires to check if it would unlock but it did not. Today, I will test the wire if it is cut somewhere on the line. If it is good, then I'll look for that unlock wire again. If I'll find it, I'm done. Thanx

cowboy
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  
Light green lock and blue unlock both NEG (-) double pulse for unlock.
Upper white plug, behind driver's kick panel
What are the lock wire colours on the Carbine alarm?
2, 3 or 6 wires?
And the wire descriptions please.
zapster 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2012 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
3 wires blue, lt. blue and green 22/24 awg. only 1 wire is not connected. Wires are  I connected the wires to the harness coming from the driver's door. I'll try to find the unlock wire today.
cowboy
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2012 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Light green lock and blue unlock both NEG (-) double pulse for unlock.
Upper white plug, behind driver's kick panel
What are the lock wire colours on the Carbine alarm?
2, 3 or 6 wires?
And the wire descriptions please.
The Carbine needs to be set to double unlock for the unlock to work as Howie II said "double pulse for unlock"
zapster 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

Why is this site very slow in responding? Progres report. It was working fine last week until yesterday when the parking lights did not blink when armed/disarmed when the fuse from the white wire blew. When i replaced it, parking lights did not work again. In my '85 toyota pickup truck, this wire was connected to the parking light relay input but in the van, it was connected to the +12v suggested by the instruction. I was looking for the wire to the parking light relay input but I could not find it. Does anybody know what color it is? For now, this wire is just connected to ground suggested by the instruction, +12v or ground. The alarm is working only the parking lights do not blink when armed/disarmed. I'll try looking for pl relay input again when I have time/next week. I hope I'll find that "PL RELAY INPUT WIRE". 

cowboy
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic