icon

2011 crv no fire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
azkcar135 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I'm in the process of putting a viper 5301 with a DB-ALL D2D in a 2011 Honda CRV 2WD. My problem is when it turns over I'm not getting ignition? I have a bit writer and I set it to auto and virtual tach. When I did a volt test at the pink ignition wire I was barely seeing .04 volts? The red with white wire has voltage. It still won't start even if I put the key in the ignition and use the remote starter. So I don't think it the module. If I put the key in and turn it to start then use the remote it will fire. I see 12v at the pink wire. I used a jumper wire to the ignition and it tries to fire, but it shuts down immediately. Almost seems like it wants to, but then it stops the starter. I read on the site of people having like problems and they fixed it by using wire to wire so I did that too and still the same results. Another weird thing is that when I use the key to start the car it starts fine runs and drives, but when I turn the car off the 5301 makes a funny noise. I'm lost on this any help would be great!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 4:48 AM / IP Logged  

Hard to say exactly what is wrong, but here are some things to check.

Make sure the BD-ALL is flashed with the 401.HONDA4 v2.15 firmware.  Did the DB-ALL follow the programming

steps and respond exactly as shown in the install guide?

Stay with W2W and connect Tach wire, Viper Violet/White to DB-ALL 12 Pin connector, Pin 5, Violet/White. 

Program Viper for Engine Sensing = Tach, Menu 3, Item 2, Opt 4 and do a Tach Learn.

Viper 5301 to 2011 CR-V for heavy gauge ignition wires.

H3/1 Pink       to CR-V Blue @ Ignition Harness

H3/2 RED / White         to CR-V White @ Ignition Harness
H3/3 Orange              to CR-V Orange @ Ignition Harness
H3/4 Violet                  to CR-V Yellow @ Ignition Harness
H3/5 Red        to CR-V White @ Ignition Harness
H3/6 Pink/White         to CR-V Red @ Ignition Harness  ***Set Viper Flex Relay to ACC2, Menu 3, Item 8, Opt 2
H3/7 Pink/Black         Not Used
H3/8 RED / Black         to CR-V White @ Ignition Harness

Double check all Viper fuses, removed from holder, with DMM.  Verify Viper Chassis Ground connection.

Soldering is fun!
azkcar135 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks man I'll recheck that, and yes the DB-ALL programming went just like the directions read.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Funny Noises are sometimes associated with a Poor Ground... May be other issues, but check ground first(Per Mr. Kreg)...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
azkcar135 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Well I checked everything out, ground, power, fuses. The DB-ALL turns green when I program it and flashes green when I try to remote start it. Still no power to the ignition (pink) wire. I used a jumper wire again and once it seem to want to start the unit shuts the starter down? i'm stumped!!!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

Bad Viper unit??  Not too likely, but...

Use a DMM to vefiry +12V constant power at H3/5 Red, after the fuse.  That is the wire that supplies the H3/1

Pink Ignition output wire.

Does the Viper flash any ShutDown error code?  You could try doing the ShutDown Diagnostics, too.

Soldering is fun!
azkcar135 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry I should have posted that I also swapped out the unit and it still does the same thing. I tested that wire all the way to the viper unit and I still get 12v there. No shutdown code either just tries to keep starting. What closes the circuit in the viper to send power to the ignition?
kreg357 
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  

The heavy gauge ignition outputs on H3 are all relay controlled.  ( Internal relays mounted on the Vipers PCB. )

During a remote start attempt, is there a little Green Key symbol ( security ) flashing on the instrument panel?

Do the other Viper functions work OK?  Lock, unlock, parking light flash, Tach Learn, etc.  With two Viper units giving the same problem symptoms it comes back to a wiring or ground issue. 

As a test, you could leave H3/1 connected ( it also acts as an input so the Viper can monitor the ignition switch ) and use the Vipers' thin Pink (-)200mA Ignition Output wire to control an external relay that is also connected to the CR-V's Ignition wire.  Test the  Pink (-)200mA Ignition Output first to verify it is working correctly during a remote start. 

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

In te W2W mode, is the H3/1 Pink connected to both the cars Blue(+) ignition wir and the Pink ignition wire on the DB-ALL 10 pin conector?

And are the single wire CAN and the IMMO connected

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
azkcar135 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
There's no key icon, but the anti-theft light still blinks.... could it be that? All the other features work great lock, unlock, lights flash, tach learn light up and I hear the click sound from the unit. I have all three pink wires going to the blue wire in the CRV. Should I only use one? I'll have to try the relay test.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic