the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 crv no fire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

Three Pink wires??  I only see one from the viper 5301 and one from the 10 pin connector of the DB-ALL to the ignition 1 of the car on the wiring diagram of the DB-ALL.

How about the ORANGE / black to the immobilizer and the light green to the single wire CAN?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
azkcar135 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
There's an 18 pin connector that has a pink ignition wire.
Yes the immobilizer and the CAN wires are connected. If I put the key into the ignition it still won't start, but if I turn it to start then use the remote starter it will run. When I turn the key back it dies.
azkcar135 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
I would like to say thank you to all you guys who are helping me out on this! I know it's got to be frustrating trying to solve other people's problems, but thank you!!!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

There should be only two Pink wires connected to the CR-V's Blue ignition wire.  Is one of the Pink wires from the Viper 18 Pin connector labeled (-)200mA Ignition Output?  That is a (-) signal and should not be used / connected to the other (+) Ignition wires.

Perhaps it would be best if you listed all the Viper harnesses and their wire connections.  

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

Times two with Kreg.  Listing all the wires from the 5301 and the DB-ALL and what wire the are connected to either on the car or the Viper 5301 might allow us to get somewhat of a idea as to what is going on.

And as stated by Kreg the pink from the Viper 5301 is not connected to anything at this time. Used to drive a relay. Disconnect it.

smokeman1 
Posted: November 22, 2012 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  

Should have 9 wires from the 12 pin connector from the DB-ALL, 3 wires from the 14 pin, and 5 wires from the 10 pin connector that will be used for your install going W2W.

azkcar135 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
H1
RED / white   (-) 200ma trunk release output    -To DB-ALL RED / white
red (+) 12vdc constant input     - White CRV
brown (-) horn honk output     -not used
WHITE/ brown light flash isolation wire     -not used
black (-) ground       -vehicle ground
violet (+) door triger input     -not used
blue factory horn input    -not used
green (-) door triger input n/c or n/o   -to DB-ALL GREEN / WHITE
BLACK/ white (-) dome light output -not used
WHITE/ blue(-) remote start/ tutbo timer activation input    -not used
white parking light output    -not used
orange(-) ground when armed output   -blue white DB-ALL
H2
light GREEN/ black factory alarm disarm output   -not used
ORANGE / black aux 4 output   -not used
GREEN / WHITE factory alarm arm output   -not used
violet/black aux 2 ouput   -not used
WHITE/ black aux 3 output   -not used
WHITE/ violet aux 1 output   -not used
gray/black diesel wait to start -not used
empty
violet/white tack input   -violet/white DB-ALL
dark/blue status output   -not used
pink/white flex relay control output   -not used
orange accessory output   -not used
purple starter output   -not used
pink ignition 1 output -not connected anymore!
grey hood pin   -DB-ALL blue/red
blue/white 2nd statis / rear defrogger output   -not used
brown (+) brake shutdown input   -DB-ALL grey
BLACK/ white neutral safty input   -Vehicle Ground, DB-All yellow/black (Didn't have it connected to vehicle ground, but I got an error code 8 from the viper. So I ground the wire and no code.)
H3
pink ignition 1 input/output   -Blue CRV
RED / white fused (30a) ignition 2 flex relay input 87   -White CRV
orange accesory output   -Orange CRV
violet starter output   -Yellow CRV
red fused (30a) igniton 1 input   -White CRV
pink/white ignition 2 / flex relay output   -Red CRV
pink/black flex relay input 87a key side if required   -not used
RED / black fused (30a) accessory/ starter input    -White CRV
DB-ALL based on type 2 install
lt. green SW CAN    - pink CRV
red 12v    - white CRV
black ground   -Vehicle ground
BLACK/ white lock   -blue CRV
GREEN/ black unlock -grey CRV
GREEN / WHITE door status   -H1 green
violet/white tach output -H2 violet/white tack input
grey brake status   -H2 brown
yellow/black handbrake output   -vehicle ground / neutral safety
ORANGE / black immobilizer   -green CRV
blue/red hood status   -H2 grey
blue/white GWR   -H1 orange
pink ignition   -blue CRV
RED / white trunk input   -H1 RED / white
blue unlock   -blue viper 2 pin
green lock    -green viper 2 pin
smokeman1 
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
I am headed out to dinner but the first thing I see is the orange Ground When Armed (GWA) does not get connected to the DB-ALL Blue/White.  The H2 Dark Blue status output should be connected to the Blue/White on the 10 Pin connector of the DB-ALL.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

Times two with Mr. Smoke.  Viper GWA is not used.  DB-ALL Blue/White GWR goes to Viper Dark Blue

(-)200ma Status Output.

While it is not causing any problems, why not connect the Viper White Parking Light output to

Parking Lights  Blue (-)  @ headlight switch, WHITE/ black 12 pin plug, pin 11.  Also set the
Viper internal jumper / fuse to (-).

Double check that opening the hood will shutdown the remote started engine.  The DB-ALL Hood

Status signal will only be present if the vehicle has a Factory installed hood pin.  If it does
not shutdown the engine, install the supplied hood pin.  ( This post install testing should
always be done.)

Verify that the Viper's Flex Relay is set to Accessory, Menu 3, Item 8, Opt 2. 

Verify Viper is set to Engine Sensing = Tach Mode ( Menu 3, Item 2, Opt 4 ) and do a Tach Learn.

Everything else looks OK.

Soldering is fun!
azkcar135 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
OK to keep it simple I connected the dark blue from the viper to the DB-ALL blue white. MAde sure Acc 2 and tach was set on bitwriter. started engine tach learn fine then turned off key and engine stayed running. I had to disconnect the viper to stop the engine. I tested the viper using ohms to see if the relay was stuck closed but it's not. So I swapped units again and did the same thing. this thing is getting worse not sure what to do now.
gonna pretty much start over triple checking each connection making sure my soldering connections are good too.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic