the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 crv no fire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2012 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

H1/10 WHITE/ Blue is not connected anywhere and not touching chassis ground?

BLACK/ white lock -blue CRV

GREEN/ black unlock -grey CRV
GREEN / WHITE door status -H1 green
violet/white tach output -H2 violet/white tack input
grey brake status -H2 brown
yellow/black handbrake output -vehicle ground / neutral safety   Don't ground this pin - just leave it disconnected.
ORANGE / black immobilizer -green CRV
blue/red hood status -H2 grey

Verify everything works properly with the key ( and the Viper disconnected ).  Then connect the Viper and start it with the key.  Turn off the key and if/when it stays running, pull just the fuse on the Red wire at H3/5.  Does the engine stop? 

Soldering is fun!
azkcar135 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yes when the fuse is pulled it stops. I took it to a buddy in town who installs also and he looked over everything you guy corrected me on and it still does the same thing. I gues this car just doesn't want a remote starter in it!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
Either that or both Vipers got whacked.  The fuse on the Viper H3/5 Red wire supplies the Ignition1 relay.  Why that is coming on without an actual remote start command is the problem.
Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
If it was me, I would connect either one of those units to the car. Take my DMM, put the red test probe on the back side of the heavy harness, on the H3/1 Pink slot, and the black to ground. See if there is 12 volts on it. If there is, maybe hit the brain to see if you can unstick the relay putting the voltage to zero. Then of course try remote start and then shut down to see if it acts normal. Odd that two units act the same.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic