icon

bulldog 500, 03 park avenue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mopar316 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2012 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

I need to install a bulldog 500 deluxe starter into a 2003 park avenue. Can anybody

give me the options for an interface module to use for the ignition bypass, also would

like it to read the door triggers and trunk popper, to save on the wiring install.

some options would be appreciated, with the brand type.

thanks ron

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Both Fortin and idatalink supply modules although it appears only idatalink also does the by-pass.
Check their sites.
Now you could have done that yourself couldn't you.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like your 2003 Buick Park Avenue has the GM PassKey3 system.  Being as the Bulldog Deluxe 500 is
a remote start with keyless entry system, a full featured bypass module is a good choice.  It will do
more than just the transponder bypass for you.  You won't need Door Trigger Inputs, they are for manual
transmission installs.  Here is a link to Fortin for their offerings : 
https://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/buick/park_avenue/2003/  The INT-SL+ is a solid unit and less expensive than
the EVO-ALL.  Here is a link to Directed for their modules : 
http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=null&year=2003&make=Buick&model=Park%20Avenue&ps=1&s=0&c=0
The DLPKGM is basically a re-badged Fortin INT-SL.
Soldering is fun!
mopar316 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2012 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

thank you for the information.

so if I buy the xpresskit with DLPKGM software I wont have to run wires to connect

to the door locks, or trunk pop, for them to work? just to the data bus line? is this correct?

thanks ,ron

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2012 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

Yes.  The DLPKGM comes pre-loaded with firmware, all ready to install.  This install guide

lists the necessary "without D2D" wiring needed with your Bulldog Deluxe 500 system :
http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=6035&productid=125&firmwareid=1633

As noted, it will handle the PK3 bypass, door lock & unlock, trunk pop, factory alarm and

supply a Tach signal.  All of that would be handled by the DLPKGM's one connection to the
vehicles OBD2 plug and the Pink wire connection to the Deluxe 500's H1/4 Yellow wire ( that
goes to the vehicles Pink Ignition1 wire ).  That would leave the ignition wires, brake, hood
pin, chassis ground, horn and parking light wires to connect to the vehicle. 

Soldering is fun!
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2012 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
You can also use the XK01 as it will do everything the DLPKGM does and are usually cheaper and easier to find, But it will need to be flashed to the vehicle specific firmware version AMDL V6.00 for your vehicle.
Current listing on ebay:Item 380522027438 for $17.59 Free shipping
mopar316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I need to hook the Bulldog 500 to the DLPKGM interface module.

does anybody know what wire on the Bulldog 500 is for the

-- door locks

-- door unlock driver 1

-- door unlock driver 2

-- running status

-- door trigger

thanks in advance  ron

kreg357 
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

DLPKGM to Bulldog Deluxe 500

Running Status goes to H7/1 ( aka 3rd Ignition (-), GWR, (-)Status Output )

Door Trigger goes to H5/6 ( it's a (-) trigger )

Door Lock goes to H6 Green wire with 1N400x diode ( band towards the Deluxe 500 ).

Door Unlock1 goes to H6 Blue wire with 1N400x diode ( band towards the Deluxe 500 ).

Using Unlock1 will do the same things that unlocking the vehicle with factory FOB #1 and
using Unlock2 will do the same things that unlocking the vehicle with factory FOB #2.

Soldering is fun!
mopar316 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I have a DLPKGM that I have all wired in for without D2D to my Bulldog 500. When I go to

to program the DLPKGM I dont get the red led light to come on when I plug it in. I wired it with the blue wire to 12 volts and the black to ground.(instruction sheet for 2003 park avenue). Wiring the red wire to 12 volts and the led lights ,Should this be wired a different way?

My remote start starts the car as long as the key is in the ignition, I can also here the relays in

the remote when I hit the door buttons, so I believe all my problems are with this interface.

Anybody have an idea why I can't seem to get this interface working?

ron

shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
The D2D harness should have red, green, black and blue wires. You would feed 12v to the red wire and ground to the black.
The colors referenced in the manual are for older harnesses DEI used to send out with their modules. Hopefully wiring it differently didn't fry the module.
Honestly, I'll say it all the time, I would always recommend someone buy iDatalink or Fortin modules. You would need a dealer account for the iDatalink modules but they just work great the first time, every time.
Good Luck!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic