icon

2007 nissan murano wont drive past 40 mph

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sucks37123 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2012 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
wire to wire Tested everything except for the hscan  high and low I dont know how to test that, Kevin everything works fine when unpluged. It can't be to major of a deal or nothing would work. Alarm works remote start works. brake lights just stays on as soon as step on the brake pedal. 
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2012 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Don't try to test them you won't get a reading without a scope.
Change the module, either flashed wrong, faulty or incorrectly programmed.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2012 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
If you press and release the brake pedal the lights still stay on? Or am I reading that wrong?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 07, 2012 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
My concern is that it may actually be a big deal. You have compromised a safety circuit in the vehicle (brake circuit). Something could be wired incorrectly or as Howie mentioned it could be a problem with the module. If you end up damaging the vehicles ECU or getting in to an accident because the remote start isn't working properly I have a feeling you'll regret not paying to have it installed by a shop that has the training and tools to diagnose and fix your problem. This, by no means, is a "typical" remote start installation issue. In fact, I've never heard of anyone having this problem in 15+ years working with alarms and remote starts with much of my experience focused on Nissan/Infiniti vehicles.
Kevin Pierson
sucks37123 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2012 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Kenny that is correct I press the brake and the brake lights stay on when the dball is plugged in. I unplug  the dball and the alarm part works fine car works fine I dont know, I will exchange it for a new one tomorrow. 
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
I'm in 100% agreement with Kevin here, talk about accident waiting to happen.
I believe this install requires some wiring to the foot brake circuit.
So it's either a faulty module or an install mistake.
If when you swap out the module it's still there, follow Kevin's advice about professional installation because you've made a serious and dangerous wiring error.
If you've done one, could you have done more?
Do me a favour please with a hail Mary and check ALL of your vehicle fuses via a DMM.
Could you have got the CAN Hi and Lo the wrong way round?
sucks37123 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyon have the lcoation for the cam high and com low I just bought a flash logic bypass because a installer said it was better and not as many problems as the expresskit but there wireing diagram has a different location for the 2 wires.

The expresskit has them on the white 40 pin bcm as can high blue pin 22 and can low as yellow pin 21 and security GREEN/ orange pin 38 does this sound correct?

auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Did you get the flashlogic module flashed? If not you are wasting your time. The diagram for the flashlogic should be installed as it shows. You should not deviate from it. Make sure you have it wired as it shows. Sometimes the flashlogic bypass will do more with less connections and if you have other wires hooked up you could cause even more issues. Either module should work fine.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
those sound like the correct connections. the CAN wires are usually pretty easy to spot because many, but not all, the times they are twisted together and are usually next to each other in what ever plug you find them in. as it even says they should be in pin 21 and 22.
you need to make sure the flashlogic has been updated with the correct firmware for your murano and that will also give you the link to the proper installation instructions although i dont see why they would be any different from the xpresskit. i use flashlogic almost exclusively and they are great bypasses.
even though the connections should be the same, and considering the problems you are having, i would be sure to rip out anything to do with the old bypass and start fresh. dont reuse any old wires or connectors.i dont know how the bypass was originally connected but i would definitely solder the connections. the wires you have to connect to have control over the cars computer system so you definitely want the best possible connection you can get. a bad connection on the CAN wires can have horrible consequences. i would use butt connectors as a last resort if you cant solder them, and T-taps are just out of the question.
sucks37123 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
Well it was the xpresskit, instaled the flashlogic module and all is good, everything works great and with less work than the xpresskit. Thanks for everyones help!!!!! 
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic