the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 grand prix gtp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
im pretty sure that you dont need an interface module to do the locks on this year grand prix. if i remember from others that ive done the lock wires can be found either at the BCM or the drivers side fuse box along with the factory arm and disarm. i think the BCM is under the drivers side dash. lock wires are RED / black and ORANGE / black, negative trigger.
so if all else fails and you cant get the interface working like you want then you can always just bypass it because its not necessary.
cpuguy06 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2012 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Could I flash my XK09 with the DLPKGM firmware? That appears to do PK3 bypass.
cpuguy06 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
Flashing my XK09 with DLPKGM did allow me to start the car remotely, however, the door locks and trunk wouldn't work and the headlights were flashing like the car was being stolen. Also, interior gauges did their self check, but then all shut off. TCS off light was on and the display was complaining about charging system failure and low fuel (even though there is a full tank). Even after take over with a key. Car starts and works fine with a key. Needless to say I'm buying another module. Thanks!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
that sounds like a wiring problem with the ignition harness. when guages dont turn on all the way and the info center is complaining that its not getting signals from different systems of the car that usually means something is not getting power during remote start.
cpuguy06 
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
I metered everything before I connected...Wonder why it works perfectly when I put the key in the ignition and remote start. Have never needed to connect the keysense wire before, should I give it a shot and see if it fixes the problem?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, Keysense is required on that car.  Here is some more info from ReadyRemote :

Keysense    Light Green (required)  (-)       ignition harness or BCM, conn. C1, pin 40
The BCM (Body Control Module) is below the driver side dash to the left of the steering column.
If the service security lights comes on during remote start or after key takeover, see Tech Doc 1502.
Here is a link to a file that should include Tech Tip #1502 :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1080

Lock and Alarm info :

Power Lock                  RED / Black  (-)   BCM, conn. C2, pin 2  
Power Unlock              ORANGE / Black  (-)         BCM, conn. C2, pin 11
Factory Alarm Arm     Light Green  (-)             BCM, conn. C2, pin 22  
Factory Alarm Disarm   Purple  (-)         BCM, conn. C2, pin 24

Soldering is fun!
cpuguy06 
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
Since I don't have a dedicated Keysense output...OK to use the Status Output? Better option? Thanks!
cpuguy06 
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, same behavior even with the keysense wire connected to status wire of Viper. I'm going to order a different bypass as I double checked everything is wired up correctly.
cpuguy06 
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
I removed the bypass out of the car and just have the remote start hooked up to parking lights only. The brights work, but the headlights do not. The relay under the hood clicks like they are trying to turn on and neither front headlight fuse is broken. Anyone have ideas?
cpuguy06 
Posted: December 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Somehow in the process, both front headlights blew...New bulbs and its good to go. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out with this install.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic