the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003-2006 GMC Yukon Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2018 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
I am not familiar with the R/S system you are using. I think it is a one button Crimestopper system?
Going by the G5 install guide, it looks like the default for the data port is ADS iDatalink. You
should be OK going in D2D mode but making the hardwire connections and going W2W is
fine. Either way, you must choose and set the bypass modules Installation Mode prior to
doing the vehicle programming. This is shown at the top of Page 17 of 19 in the ADS TBSL PL
install guide. Think I would go back to that bypass module, connect in W2W mode ( your
wiring looks good ) and try again. When you select the Installation Mode ( two blinks ) and
lock it in, you are also doing a Factory Reset on the bypass module.   Remember to connect
the ADS TBSL PL Pink wire to the G5's thick Pink wire that connects to the trucks Pink
IGN1 wire. Also, the ADS TBSL PL will only handle the Passlock2 bypass function and
nothing else. With your one button system, you will not be able to unlock the doors while
the R/S is going unless you do some serious relay work.
With the ADS AL CA, did you Flash it with the correct firmware? Think they come with CH4
pre-installed and you need ADS-AL(DL)-GM1 firmware. This is a full featured firmware and will
do many other things besides the Passlock2 bypass.
Soldering is fun!
wmellott 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2018 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I agree the ALCA is the better way to go and using the data/dbi cable to the PS01-G5
I haven't flashed the ALCA, have it just came from the folks I purchased it from.
It seems odd that neither the TBSL-PL or the ALCA will sync tot he data stream on the Purple OBD2 j1850 wire.
Could this be because either unit is not "flashed" ?
Thanks
Bill
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2018 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  
The ADS TBSL PL comes pre-flashed with the correct firmware and should be ready
to go right out of the box. I would try it again after double checking all the
connections and start off with a Factory reset, Installation Mode selection and
then vehicle programming with the key.
The ADS AL-CA is good upgrade considering all the extras you get but will need
to flashed using the ADS USB cable with the correct firmware before it will
program to the truck with the key.
Soldering is fun!
drewboy455 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2018 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
I also have a Compustar CS800-S & Idatalink ADS-ALCA Bypass Module installing in a 2003 Suburban. I have tried both D2D and W2W, I've tried the white tach wire behind the instrument cluster, and injector wire, and a coil wire, and the thing still starts and shuts off right away. Also the door locks are not working. The module is clicking with the parking light flashes, but no door lock or unlock. I'm not sure where to go next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2018 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Did you learn the tach?
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
drewboy455 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2018 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, I did the tach learn procedure and got 1 parking light flash. The ALCA bypass manual says to set to standard hardwire mode and press the hold the button til the light stays solid green. It turns solid green then turns to flashing red. The manual says it is not programmed correctly. Do I need to have the bypass module flashed? when I ordered it it said it was ready to install for my Suburban.
drewboy455 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2018 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Kreg357 said...
Extra external 30/40 Amp SPDT relay for the Yukons' ACC2 circuit :
Relay Pin 85 to CS800-s CN2 Pin 3 WHITE/ Black
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to Yukon +12V Constant RED / White @ ignition switch harness - Fuse at 25 Amps
Relay Pin 30 to Yukon Brown ACC2 wire @ ignition switch harness
Is this a relay already on the truck or something I need to add?
Also how do I program the cs800-s to the tach sensing mode? the firstech book gives a table with the menu options but it isn't very clear on how to do it. I need to program option 2.04 setting #2 for tach sensing.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2018 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
It may need to be flashed. Unlike DEI, I believe idatalink allows you to flash your own stuff. You just need the right cable. I've never done this, so I wouldn't know what is required.
You need to add that relay.
I couldn't make sense of the manual, but see if this helps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBHGGpkVYEU
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
kreg357 
Posted: December 31, 2018 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
drewboy455 wrote:
I also have a Compustar CS800-S & Idatalink ADS-ALCA Bypass Module installing in a 2003 Suburban. I have tried both D2D and W2W, I've tried the white tach wire behind the instrument cluster, and injector wire, and a coil wire, and the thing still starts and shuts off right away. Also the door locks are not working. The module is clicking with the parking light flashes, but no door lock or unlock. I'm not sure where to go next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
The ADS AL-CA bypass module comes from the factory flashed with CH4 firmware. It needs to be flashed with the ADS-AL(DL)-GM1
firmware for your application. If the seller did indeed flash it with the correct firmware, you should be all set. However,
there is no way to tell without actually trying it. The blinking red LED leads me to believe that you still have the CH4
firmware assuming you set the install mode properly and then failed to have successful vehicle programming results.
You would need the ADS USB cable and iDatalink approved access to check and flash your bypass module.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic