the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

05 chevy equinox will not crank

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2012 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

On the Viper, it is defaulted as Manual transmission. If your equinox is automantic, this needs to be changed to Automatic in the Viper brain.  H2/3, 2nd status is defaulted to 2nd status.  H1/2 black to ground as well as H2/2 for nutral safety switch.  Also the toggle switch needs to be plugged in and set to ON.

And of course you need to program the Tach Learning of the Viper unit. Page 7 of the install manual

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
jd_21 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
yes all those connections are correct and i always solder all my connections. This is the first time I have ever run into an issue like this before. and everything you have mentioned i have done, except program the bypass unit. It should still crank and shutdown tho without the bypass programmed shouldn't it?
It almost seems as if the bypass unit is not flashed correctly or something also because when i plug it in the led stays on solid red and does not flash or anything whether i push the programming button or not. I have tried to reset the bypass but i have yet been able to program it.
Also you mention about programming the tach signal. Do I need to do this before the engine will crank over?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

It should still crank and shutdown tho without the bypass programmed shouldn't it?

Maybe not. The Equinox I did threw a curve at me. I made all my connections, but did not plug in the power to the DB-ALL module I used. I tried to use the key to start the car to make sure it was still ok. Car would not start with the key. Would not even turn over. I disconnected all of the DB-ALL harness and still no cranking.  I was confused, so I went ahead with programming the DB-ALL and then the key worked again and remote start worked.  Maybe you are having the same issue with the XK09.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic