icon

03 trailblazer remote start wont crank

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crazyboy 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Good evening, Just got done installing a Avital 4111 and DBall into an 03 trailblazer. The two are connected via W2W, and I have gone over the wiring numerous times. The DBall programs correctly according to the LED. When pressing the remote start button the ignition turns on, then the starter wire gets 12v however the starter does not crank. It does this three times before it quits. When I check the diagnostics it shows "Low or no RPM, Low battery (for voltage & Virtual tach modes." I have tried switching it from virtual tach, to voltage, and also tach from the DBall, all with the same results. I can do valet mode with no problem however. The DBall status led indicated it is operating correctly. I'm really at a loss here and would appreciate any input.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

Just a few thoughts. 

You went W2W, did you connect the Avital Dark Blue (-) 200mA Status Output to the DB-ALL Blue/White GWR wire?

Did you connect the Avital's Orange ACC1 wire to the TB's Orange Accessory1 wire?

Did you verify that the DB-ALL Violet wire is seeing the +12V during the R/S attempt (cranking)?

Did you W2W the DB-ALL's Tach output to the Avital?  Did it Tach Learn OK?

There is a Pictorial on this vehicle that provides wire location pictures :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~130514~PN~1

Soldering is fun!
crazyboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Just a few thoughts. 

You went W2W, did you connect the Avital Dark Blue (-) 200mA Status Output to the DB-ALL Blue/White GWR wire?

Did you connect the Avital's Orange ACC1 wire to the TB's Orange Accessory1 wire?

Did you verify that the DB-ALL Violet wire is seeing the +12V during the R/S attempt (cranking)?

Did you W2W the DB-ALL's Tach output to the Avital?  Did it Tach Learn OK?

There is a Pictorial on this vehicle that provides wire location pictures :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~130514~PN~1

Yes the status output of the 4111 is connected to the DB. When the remote start is activated the wire from the avital goes to ground, and the DB status LED blinks green indicated it is connected to the databus.
The violet starter wire is seeing 12v, I also tried connecting it to both the starter wire leaving the 4111 as well as the starter output of the 4111.
I did try it with the DB tach output connected to the avital. I went through the tach learn process, and the 4111 indicated that it was successul. However after that I was still unable to remote start it.
The pictorial matches what I did color by color.
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
Can't get more explanatory then that! Nice pics Kreg 357! You should be an Install course director.
thetopinstaller
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
Some of those vehicles will trigger a start signal by seeing ignition power on the PINK wire and ORANGE wire, then when power drops away from the ORANGE wire the PCM will crank to starter immediatly. Did you check that?
thetopinstaller
crazyboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2013 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
mustyk@att.net wrote:
Some of those vehicles will trigger a start signal by seeing ignition power on the PINK wire and ORANGE wire, then when power drops away from the ORANGE wire the PCM will crank to starter immediatly. Did you check that?
Yes, when the starter wire gets 12v the two ignition wires go from 12v to 0v.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2013 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
your ign wire should not be going to 0 volts during crank! the pink and the white in the trailblazers harness are primary ign wires and must remain at 12volts during crank, the orange wire should drop to 0 during crank only
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2013 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
from your avital thick harness, pink should be gong to pink in the truck, pink/white to white ( programmed as 2nd ign NOT acc) purple to yello start wire, orange to orange and there is a tach wire in the large harness that runs across the bottom of the dash, it is a white wire on the back top side kinda that is the tach feed, you could always hook up tach signal there and program it, ive vener had good luck using any interfaces tach signal
crazyboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Just in case anyone else has this problem. The second accessory wire must also be energized in this vehicle for it to start.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic