icon

new rs/alarm purchase recommendations

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wafordtech 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Interestingly enough best buy has the 5704 for $500 installed, vs $730 at the indie shop. Not that I'd go to BB. Lol. The $450 Excalibur includes about half connections soldered. How hard is it to expand the 2050? Specifically a pin switch or proximity sensor iin the canopy on the truck bed.
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2013 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
There are 2 4 pin aux sensor ports. One will be used by the shock sensor. The other one you can use for whatever you would like. There is a battery backup port so you can use that as well.Comes with the connector to use a 9 volt for that. The Dual zone magnetic shock sensor will pre warm and full trigger as well. I love the Psyren! Its so loud and draws alot of attention to your car. Let me know if you have any other questions. I do have a shock sensor/ glass break sensor all in one sitting on my shelve. You can have it for cheap cheap if you go with EXCALIBUR
wafordtech 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
So I pulled the trigger on the excalibur. I had a pin switch put on the canopy door too. Would a proximity sensory be a worthy upgrade? I'm having one issue with the alarm and one question also. On occasion the alarm will disarm with a button press but won't unlock. It always locks when armed and the factory remote will still unlock. Loose wire somewhere maybe? The question is about pitstop mode. It sounds the siren 5 times when engaged and flashes the park lights until disengaged. I find both annoying. Can they be programed off? Thank you for all the support!
wafordtech 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 5:54 AM / IP Logged  

2 more problems have shown themselves. new rs/alarm purchase recommendations - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. After engaging the pitstop mode and getting out of the truck, I will hit the lock/arm button on the remote. Half the time the engine stays running as expected. The other half of the time the engine shuts down. The other problem is when attempting to remote start, it will say out of range, even from inside the truck. Lock and unlock will work, but not RS. I'm beginning to think this was a really bad install. Any thoughts???

Thanks!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic