icon

alarm going off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
airwolf_durango 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
alarm going off - Page 2 -- posted image.
airwolf_durango 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

Looking at your diagram again it seems like it is the same as I did (except one diode goes to each trigger, not both to one) but i figure that is what you meant.

So the question is what is causing my dome light to go on. You don't think pin 13 has to be cut as well?

thanks

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
No.
airwolf_durango 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
No.

Do you think I need another diode from CTM pin 13,like in this diagram?

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_DURANGO_DURANGO%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATION.pdf

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
That's the same as the DEI 1076 and yes it's feasible except if that were the case the alarm would trigger at an exact time, say every 30 minutes, not randomly but for the sake of two diodes, yes it's worth it.
airwolf_durango 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
That's the same as the DEI 1076 and yes it's feasible except if that were the case the alarm would trigger at an exact time, say every 30 minutes, not randomly but for the sake of two diodes, yes it's worth it.

Ok thanks. I agree, from what i have read anyways that it seems like it would be at a regular interval. I'll give it a try. If you think of anything else, please let me know. Thanks for your help

airwolf_durango 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:

20 minutes into it and no alarm! Woohooo!

What is DEI 1076...? Just curious.

Time to go solder the connections and keep an eye on it.  I'm hearing alarms go off in my sleep........lol

Thanks again

airwolf_durango 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

Never mind...I found tech tip 1076..........

It's like a well kept secret............

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Not really English market Renaults, then Fords in the late 90s till we timed one then realised what was going on.
The BCM or CIT or GEM or BSI whatever they're called, controls windows locks wipers etc. etc.
A fusebox plus processor with timers and relays built in.
To save the vehicle battery they go to sleep after the engine is turned off after about 10 minutes.
Then every 30 or 45 or 60 minutes depending on which one, they "wake up" and send a "self-check" interrogative pulse through all the circuits to be stored through the data system till the next service.
That wake-up pulse is enough to trigger the alarm, hence the blocking diagram.
Your initial post I believe mentioned random and that's what sent me OFF the scent. Still glad it's all solved.
airwolf_durango 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Not really English market Renaults, then Fords in the late 90s till we timed one then realised what was going on.
The BCM or CIT or GEM or BSI whatever they're called, controls windows locks wipers etc. etc.
A fusebox plus processor with timers and relays built in.
To save the vehicle battery they go to sleep after the engine is turned off after about 10 minutes.
Then every 30 or 45 or 60 minutes depending on which one, they "wake up" and send a "self-check" interrogative pulse through all the circuits to be stored through the data system till the next service.
That wake-up pulse is enough to trigger the alarm, hence the blocking diagram.
Your initial post I believe mentioned random and that's what sent me OFF the scent. Still glad it's all solved.

The random will have to remain a mystery and thats ok with me. I spent enough time on this for now. The only issue I have and am willing to live with is that the car is suppose to stay running for 10 minutes but shuts off at exactly 5 minutes. It is set for 10.

The other thing is that the one way transmitter will not program for some reason but thats ok.

i really like the two way and being able to see that the car is running or that the door triggered the alarm. I like that my wife could set it off by remote if she was being followed in a parking lot or something. I'm curious as to what are some good two way remotes out there now. This one is 9 years old and the place is no longer in business. Hopefully it will last but I may get one for my truck.

Any suggestions on two way RS's?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic