icon

alarm going off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
No hard and fast favourites, Compustar and DEI Viper are my favourites, also Autopage and Audiovox/Code-alarm are all good solid products.
airwolf_durango 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
No hard and fast favourites, Compustar and DEI Viper are my favourites, also Autopage and Audiovox/Code-alarm are all good solid products.

Thanks............

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
if you are looking for new remotes that will program to your alarm then you probably wont find it. remotes ive seen are brand specific and wont program toa different brand of alarm. universal remotes dont exist as far as i know. you would have to find a remote from the manufacture of the alarm.
airwolf_durango 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  

soundnsecurity wrote:
if you are looking for new remotes that will program to your alarm then you probably wont find it. remotes ive seen are brand specific and wont program toa different brand of alarm. universal remotes dont exist as far as i know. you would have to find a remote from the manufacture of the alarm.

Any thoughts as to why my one way transmitter won't program but the two way does? It's not a big deal but I would like to have it for valet and such. Are they a one shot thing where if it doesn't program first time you are out of luck.

I even tried reprogramming both because it says you have to program additional remotes right after programming the first remote.

Can you even reprogram a remote once it programs?

soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
it really depends on the type of alarm, different brands work differently. if they do need to be programed at the same time then that is possible but the program procedure needs to be followed. not saying you definitely did something wrong but it can be easy to hit the wrong button at the wrong time and send you out of the program mode. if you are not really used to dealing with alarm menu systems it can be a real headache. the keypads for the prestige alarms that i install mostly need to be programmed all at the same time and each button on each remote gets programmed separately to whatever function i want the buttons to perform. it took me a few tries to really figure out how to work with them. im used to alarms that auto program like viper.
can you post the page of the alarm manual that tells you how to program the keypads.
airwolf_durango 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

soundnsecurity wrote:
it really depends on the type of alarm, different brands work differently. if they do need to be programed at the same time then that is possible but the program procedure needs to be followed. not saying you definitely did something wrong but it can be easy to hit the wrong button at the wrong time and send you out of the program mode. if you are not really used to dealing with alarm menu systems it can be a real headache. the keypads for the prestige alarms that i install mostly need to be programmed all at the same time and each button on each remote gets programmed separately to whatever function i want the buttons to perform. it took me a few tries to really figure out how to work with them. im used to alarms that auto program like viper.
can you post the page of the alarm manual that tells you how to program the keypads.

I filed away the instructions already but this one is pretty simple. You open the door, turn the key to run and hold 2 buttons down until the two way remote plays a melody. Then while still in program mode and within 5 minutes you hold the only 2 buttons on the one way transmitter and hopefully hear 2 beeps. Then you are done.

When I had it wired wrong, i was getting 3 beeps which meant the door was open but now that it is wired right I am getting no response in the form of beeps. I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in but that did not work. So since i was getting a response that was correct at one time, I have to assume that i was doing it correctly. It's a mystery to me and unfortunately the hardware has no support because they are not in business anymore.

airwolf_durango 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  

soundnsecurity wrote:

her's a link to the installation manual for a similar model (20096) which happens to be on-line. It's on page 23. Thanks for looking.....

http://www.readyremote.com/pdf/manuals/20096installv4-2.pdf

soundnsecurity 
Posted: January 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
well from what the manual shows this should be very easy, and if the first remote programs then you know that the alarm is seeing the all of the input it needs to enter program mode. the only thing i can really think of would be a broken keypad or maybe the button combination is different on your alarm for the 1-way remote. is there a definitive A and D button on the second keypad? have you tried using different button combinations if you have any other options? try erasing the keypads and try to program the non-working keypad as the main keypad, perhaps there is a limit or some sort of program lock that you need to disable before it will let you program more keypads...
without the specific manual for your alarm there is no telling what might be the cause.
airwolf_durango 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

The second one way remote has only 2 buttons and it came with it's own instructions which was to hold those 2 down whith the door open and the key on run. It worked once but like I said it was wired wrong.

Personally i am so happy to have the system working that I am a bit nervous about messing with the main remotes programming.

Thanks for looking

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic