icon

avital 4103 2006 camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bucash2334 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Anything guys? How can I get a short ground pulse to that purple second starter wire on the avital. That seems to be what I need??
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
You can wire a relay that uses the current thick gauge violet start wire to engage it.
Pin 87 - connect to 12v fused constant
Pin 30 - to 2nd starter wire in the car
Pin 85 - to ground
Pin 86 - to purple thick gauge start wire from Avital
Pin 87a - no connection
With this setup, you won't need to use that negative violet 2nd starter trigger wire.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

Previously answered...

kreg357 wrote:

On the Starter2 relay wiring, Relay Pin 85 should go to the 4103 Purple (-) Starter Output, not the (-) Accessory Output wire.

If this doesn't work because the 4103's (-) Starter Output wire has a problem, you can wire the Starter2 relay like this :
Relay Pin 86 to Avital thick Purple Starter Output ( which also goes to the Camry Starter1 wire )
Relay Pin 85 to Avital H2/5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT *** Set to 2nd Status
Relay Pin 87 to +12V consatnt thru 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Camry Starter2 wire @ ignition harness

What brand of universal bypass module are you using?  The problem could be that the 4103 BLUE STATUS OUTPUT wire

is not connected to the bypass Ground When Running input wire.

Soldering is fun!
bucash2334 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Frank!! I will give that a try.
kreg, I am using the directed 556UW
I did connect the blue status on the avital to the blue wire on the bypass. I believe the blue wire is Ground When Running input wire on the bypass. I will check when I get home.
Thanks again and I will keep my fingers crossed.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks kreg for posting that. I sometimes forget to get ground from the status wire.
Instead of pin 85 going straight to ground, I would go with what kreg357 stated and go to the 2nd status wire since we only want that relay working with the remote starter. If it's going to straight ground, it will also activate when the key is turned in the ignition switch.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

avital 4103 2006 camry - Page 2 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
bucash2334 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
Ok nothing worked. I am so wizzed I am not educated enough to realize what's happening. Still the only way I can start it with the remote is to ground the purple - output wire. I wired the relay like everyone said and no dice. I do not understand what is going and I am very discouraged.
kreg357 
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

This is a learning experience.  It can be frustrating but perseverance will win.

Here is a little tid-bit of info from the Viper 5501 install manual concerning the

4-pin satellite harness wires:

Note: Wires 1 - 4 on the remote start auxiliary outputs are wired to the (-) triggers

for the onboard remote start relays and are not diode isolated. If connecting
these wires directly to the vehicle you must place a 1-amp diode in line to prevent
feedback from the vehicle.

Think this means that if you apply a ground to any of these wires, you will actuate the

associated relay.  If the Avital unit you are using has the same design, then you are
manually starting the engine during your remote start attempt by grounding that (-)
Starter wire and forcing the internal Starter relay to energize.

Have you tried running Shutdown Diagnostics?

There is something else wrong here.  Maybe you are still in MTS mode, haven't learned

the Tach signal yet or something...   We need an Avital installer to give us some insight
from their experiences.

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Could you list the wires connected from the Avital to what wires on the Camry? It might help to give a picture of how things are connected.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
From what I've read about the 4103 on this forum and the fact that I just got an Amazon email flier telling me that I could buy a complete 4103 for $43 whereas just the remote for a 5402 would cost me $47, I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic