icon

avital 4103 2006 camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2013 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Kreg, doesn't the keysense wire need to be connected?
bucash2334 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the constructive criticism. Just for fun I swapped the brain from my working avital 4103 from my accord and the one I have been trying to get to work did not turn the engine over. Did I fry my avital? I swapped my know. Working unit back and my Accord fired right up.
bucash2334 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
I am going to redo all my connections and connect the second starter relay up the proper way. Then I am going to take my working unit and let her rip!
Any one know what might be wrong inside the avital unit?
One last thing did we settle on if the keysense needs to be connected or not?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
You have a second GWR (status wire) at H3/5 blue/white.
Connect that to your blue factory keysense wire.
If you test that purple satellite starter wire, then you'll know if it's faulty won't you.
We can't tell you, you have to test.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

The Keysense wire is normally used to turn off the Factory Alarm, if equipped.  Not sure if the OP mentioned anything about his car having a Factory Alarm.  Won't hurt to connect it if no Factory Alarm.

Soldering is fun!
bucash2334 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, everyone.....It works! I put my remote starter "brain" from my Accord into my Camry, wired my second starter relay the proper way and it fired right up! Then I also re-connected the wires, no blue and red connectors and tucked everything away nice and neat.
I have a couple of questions.....One the unit has virtual tach. I noticed that maybe 1 out of ten times the remote starter rank doesn't start the car. I will then push the button again and it fires right up. should I connect the tach wire and have the RS learn it?
Also I was wondering if I have the Directed universal bypass in the car with an extra key in the box can I now make a copy of my key with no transponder in it and will it work?
Now I do not have a working remote starter in my car, the Accord but my wife does. :) I left the possibly fried, defective Avital unit at work (accident) so I can not test it. I brought it to work because I have a nice soldering station and calibrated DMM. So maybe at the most I have to cough up 40 more bucks to get a HU.
Thank you all very much for your help and advice! I now have to wire the same unit in my father in law's 2007 Camry. Which is a bit different. I hope it all goes well!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
First question, YES, a much more reliable method.
Second, NO an unchipped key would only work when the R/S was working.
The by-pass is activated by the GWR (status output).
Why is an 07 Camry that different from an 06?
bucash2334 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2013 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
I guess maybe just the wire colors are different from 06 to 07? The 07 key fob is built into the key so I won't want to use a unversal bypass that takes a key away. What is best recommended for a bypass that doesn't use a key?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2013 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

You could use a ExpressKit DB-ALL, I would go W2W on it.  Or a Fortin Key Override All. A very reliable bypass.

The DB-ALL will need to be flashed with the correct firmware for your Camry.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
bucash2334 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Any advice on what bypass module to get?
http://www.amazon.com/Directed-Electronics-PKALL-Xpress-Transponder/dp/B001N7RE44/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1359591697&sr=8-5&keywords=xpresskit
VS.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00197YK5O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic