icon

idatalink remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigcyphe 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
Hey all. Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this. Yesterday I was installing an idatalink ads-al ca with the necessary ads-hrn ch4 harness. This went into a 2012 jeep grand Cherokee 6 cyl no pts. I followed the instructions. Flashed it with the remote start firmware. Hooked up my own hood pin (GREEN/ black wire on module), tapped into drivers door trigger(green wire on module), and hooked up a valet switch (blue/black on module). Plugged the t harness up. This is all it called for. No other connections as it said the parking lights were not mux. I then went through the programming and that showed the correct led colors and blinks like it should. I proceeded to leave the factory settings which would be to press lock, lock, lock and the truck should start. Well, it didn't. No flashes on the module telling me any issue. No blinks at all actually. So I proceeded to check my wires. Hood was closed pin functioning. The door trigger was good checked that 30 times over. And the valet switch was on showing ground. I even went as far as to disconnect the hood pin so it definitely wasn't grounded, disconnected the door trigger so that wasn't grounded, and gave the valet wire a straight ground. Lock, lock, lock, nothing. I unhooked and factory reset and reprogrammed at least 20x. I even changed the setting to lock, unlock, lock. Nothing. What is going on here? I had the same issue with a 2008 jeep patriot with a t harness and an ads-alca but with a autopage remote start. I wound up getting so frustrated that I used a compustar remote start and a blade al that I was more familiar with just to get the truck out of my garage. I usually use compustar and blade bypasses with no problems. But they claim thos t harness and bypass is so easy. Which it was if it worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.
You learn something new everyday. Whether or not you fail to file it as useful is up to you.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Did you learn the tach signal according to the instructions? Did it program correctly? It is a little bit tricky timing. You have to press the locks slowly (but not too slow). I usually count to 3 and press it on each number (1 one thousand, 2 one thousand...)
Also, if you connect parking lights you will need a run a wire to the battery. The lights draw too much amperage for the factory wiring. I didn't see a parking light connection listed, but something to keep in mind if you do decide to connect them.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
delco_installer 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
when you flashed the module did you flash with RS firmware? you need to flash the ALCA to RS-CH4 firmware when you flash it make sure you chose DBI in the options, you shouldnt need to cycle the key to program the idatalink, with a tharness this install should take about 10 minutes total.
Mike
bigcyphe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you both for your quick replies. As for tach signal I'm assuming that is the whole reason I cycle the key and all that. Which I did. I followed all the instructions on that install sheet. As for parking lights, it said it was not supported and I assumed the lights turn on when this truck is running anyway so I left it at that.
As for the flashing yes. I flashed it with the rs firmware. Twice actually. Ten minutes no. But it took me about 30 after hooking up my own hood pin bc I could not find the one in the connector under the hood. As for dbi in the options? That's new to me? What is dbi in the options. Basically the first time I flashed it with rs firmware and that was it. Plugged it up wired it up. And should have been done. Second time I flashed it I changed the sequence to lock, unlock, lock. Please explain dbi? I returned the car to the owner but I am baffled by what I did wrong. I even called a buddy who has done these before and he didn't understand what I did wrong either.
You learn something new everyday. Whether or not you fail to file it as useful is up to you.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
Do you get any flashing LED lights on the module after attempting to remote start?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
bigcyphe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
I get no flashes at all. No flashes indicating that, lets say like the hood is open or something. I get nothing. After programming that's the last time I see any lights on the module.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
After the key cycling, did you press the unlock button on the remote? It sounds like the module isn't reading your factory remote...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
bigcyphe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Yep. On both remotes too. I even heard a while back that you need to wait 30-60 seconds before you can remote start so I waited ten mins. Nothing. Am I doing something stupid here or did I just get a doodiety module/t harness?
bigcyphe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
I meant a doodiety* idk where doodiety came from lmao
bigcyphe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Ahhh that's where doodiety came from. I didn't know you couldn't curse on here. My apologies
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic