ford escape 2008 rs talk about noob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rockytop3 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
rockytop3 wrote:
I've removed the center console with no issue, but looking for the Black 1 pin plug Yellow/Red 12v.
I found the yellow/red 7 pin plug but assume this is not it.
Thanks!
Connected to Yellow/Red wire I described above, now LED light will not come on RS, nor with remotes interact with it.
1998 Acura TL 2.5
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

I really hope you are using a DMM to get measurements and just not going by wire colors...

The Yellow/Red you are looking for is on the upper passenger side of the center console, it has a red locking connector on it.  It's covered in loom and runs almost directly under where your fuses are located. Should be easy to find considering it's huge and it's a single wire on a single connector.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

X2 with all.    125 Amp wire is very thick......

Soldering is fun!
rockytop3 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
I've made my two pink 12v wire connect with the 125 amp wire.
I seem to have all my connections correctly made.
I then programed the RS for a 2.0 sec cranktime.
Trying to Remote Start the car, the gauges wiggle, the car will almost start, but then do nothing.
I'm starting to wonder whether I should have left this to the professionals, but alas. If you all have any suggestions for me I'd gladly take them.
1998 Acura TL 2.5
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Did you program the PKALL exactly how the instructions say? Were there any issues when programming? Try remote starting it with the key in the ignition and see if it starts.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
buddholly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

rockytop3 wrote:
Trying to Remote Start the car, the gauges wiggle, the car will almost start, but then do nothing.
I'm starting to wonder whether I should have left this to the professionals, but alas. If you all have any suggestions for me I'd gladly take them.

That pretty much tells us nothing.

Does everything power up and it cranks but doesn't start?  Or does nothing even power up (dash light wise)? Did the bypass program correctly? It should atleast still power everything up, maybe even attempt to crank over and then throw the security light (flashing red light on dash or cluster) if it was a bypass issue..The 4103 will not work through D2D, you either need to hardwire your 12v and ground off the PKALL or cut the power and ground on the D2D wire and hardwire those to power and ground.

buddholly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

And crank time won't matter unless you turn engine checking off, your best bet is going to be to hardwire and learn a tach signal. 

rockytop3 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
Everything powers up and it cranks but then it just seems to stall. Upon turning the key off and taking it out the gauges still pulsate.
Should I just reprogram the bypass and RS?
1998 Acura TL 2.5
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried starting it with the key in the ignition yet? Where and how did you end up grounding everything?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
rockytop3 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
buddholly wrote:

rockytop3 wrote:

That pretty much tells us nothing.

Does everything power up and it cranks but doesn't start?  Or does nothing even power up (dash light wise)? Did the bypass program correctly? It should atleast still power everything up, maybe even attempt to crank over and then throw the security light (flashing red light on dash or cluster) if it was a bypass issue..The 4103 will not work through D2D, you either need to hardwire your 12v and ground off the PKALL or cut the power and ground on the D2D wire and hardwire those to power and ground.

the red security light is not flashing but the Yellow engine light is now on. Trying to just start the key with the key fails. Even with the RS wire harness disengaged.
My next task is to hardwire PKALL power and ground wires.
Are these the correct connections?
PKALL power to RED / Blue 12v in kick plate
PKALL ground to common ground
Thanks-
1998 Acura TL 2.5
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic