the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

ford escape 2008 rs talk about noob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Hold on. Are you saying that it won't start even with the key? If so then you need to stop making random connections until you can get it running with the key again. Did you test all of the wires you connected to originally or did you just assume? Where did you connect the ground of the remote start unit?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
rockytop3 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Will not start with just the Key. I connected the ground to a self tapping screw and washer under the steering wheel. I pretty much just assumed they were the right wires.
I didn't unplug the battery when working with the 125 amp getting a spark. I then disconnected the battery and connected my red 12v to it.
1998 Acura TL 2.5
rockytop3 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
My apologies, I've just been scribbling out my thoughts and pushing enter.
When I was cutting away the shell around the Yellow 125 amp wire, I I didn't disengage the battery and created a spark. Could this have shorted the system or somehow damaged the vehicle?
Currently the car will not start with just the key. It will turn on (lights, security, radio, A/C) but the engine will not engage. I'm freaking out a little bit as this is my main vehicle of transportation.
1998 Acura TL 2.5
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
You probably blew a fuse somewhere. NEVER connect anything without testing. This time might just be a fuse, but next time could be sensitive electronics that cost hundreds and sometimes a couple thousand dollars to replace. It's not worth the chance.
If it is just a fuse, it's going to be a large fuse (125 amp)... and that had to be one hell of a spark at 125 amps. Look in the under hood fuse box first and check all of the fuses (large and small) with a multi-meter (not just visually). If those all check out ok, then check all of the interior fuse box fuses.
If all fuses turn out ok then you will have to have someone help you by turning the vehicle ignition to 'start' while you listen / feel for a click in the starter relay (under hood fuse box; check owners manual for exact location).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
rockytop3 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
You probably blew a fuse somewhere. NEVER connect anything without testing. This time might just be a fuse, but next time could be sensitive electronics that cost hundreds and sometimes a couple thousand dollars to replace. It's not worth the chance.
If it is just a fuse, it's going to be a large fuse (125 amp)... and that had to be one hell of a spark at 125 amps. Look in the under hood fuse box first and check all of the fuses (large and small) with a multi-meter (not just visually). If those all check out ok, then check all of the interior fuse box fuses.
If all fuses turn out ok then you will have to have someone help you by turning the vehicle ignition to 'start' while you listen / feel for a click in the starter relay (under hood fuse box; check owners manual for exact location).
It was a hell of a spark. You say check the fuses, if they all check out then what do I do?
I listen for the click in the Starter Relay then...
There's not really a breaker that I can just flip is there? That'd be too easy.
1998 Acura TL 2.5
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

rockytop3 wrote:
[snip]I've made my two pink 12v wire connect with the 125 amp wire. [/snip]

The pink wires should be ignition NOT 12v Shouldn't they? Not sure if that was a typo or I am incorrect. Could be either ford escape 2008 rs talk about noob - Page 3 -- posted image.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
rockytop3 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
Ah yes, The 12v are Red. My apologies.
1998 Acura TL 2.5
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
Oh there may be a "fuse assembly" located on the battery cable itself. Right next to the battery post. Hopefully it is removable. I have had to replace entire battery cables after blowing those big ones. Helluva spark/light show when you pop one by accident. Had to replace my pants along with the cables. ford escape 2008 rs talk about noob - Page 3 -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic