howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2013 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  
purple driver kick or instrument cluster, white 26 pin plug, pin 3
PURPLE / white pass kick or instr cluster, white 26 pin plug, pin 16
PURPLE / grey driver kick or instr cluster, grey 26 pin plug, pin 10
purple / YELLOW pass kick or instr cluster, grey 26 pin plug, pin 9
Join together with 4 x 1N4004 diodes, bands towards doors then connect to green at H2/6.
bigbaby98 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
got it, thanks howie!!!
bigbaby98 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

Okay peeps,

I have connected everything W2W and I am still having the same issue: I cannot get into the programming using the control center. Also, I connected the door triggers as suggested by howieII but I still cannot get in. I tested the door pins one by one by lowering the windows, arming the alarm, and then unlocking by hand and opening the door. The key fob reports that a door pin has been triggered and the alarm sounds. I have also cut the neutral safety switch, tied the two wires together and grounded it. The problem still remains though, I cannot get in to change the transmission from manual to automatic. The control center blinks three times indicating what zone was triggered and putting the key in and turning on the ignition does not clear the zone alert; still blinking. BTW, I tested all of the connections with a meter and there is also a strong ground connection. Maybe I should purchase a bitwriter and get it over with. Let me know what you guys think.

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
After you turn the ignition on then off, are you pressing AND holding the control center button until you get the chirps?? 1chirp...2 chirps...then 3 chirps.    If you are just pressing and releasing, you are not going anywhere in the menus.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
bigbaby98 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, I hold the button for at least 20 secs before I say eefff it!
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
My next thing to try is swap the antenna (control center), if you have a spare one on hand. Swap the antenna cable, swap the brain. One item at a time to see if one of the componets is defective.
bigbaby98 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, my car won't start now!!!. I disconnected the battery for a while but that didn't help. I hope I don't have to make a trip to the dealer. Any suggestions? Also, the dball is flashing orange meaning it does not detect the type of vehicle.
smokeman1 
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
DB-ALL guide says to put a key in the ignition and turn it to ON. It might take up to 10 seconds. Maybe you have to reprogram the DB-ALL to the car again.
bigbaby98 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

Okay peeps,

Here is the situation: I originally wired my alarm d2d but couldn't get it to work correctly because of the dball. I then snatched out everything and used w2w. Well, after connecting everything, my car wouldn't start but everything would light up on the dash like it should. I back-traced my steps and finally figured out what caused my car to not start; the neutral safety switch!!! This one wire blew my #8 fuse which is the Ignition/Run/Start Fuse. Do not connect this wire, you don't need it!!! Thanks for all of the help and I finally got everything working like it should!!!

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic