the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5904 and chrysler 300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
Are you talking about the neutral safety switch input of the remote start? It should be connected to ground for an automatic transmission (as long as the vehicle has a factory safety lock-out to prevent it from starting in gear). What did you have the wire connected to in the vehicle?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
bigbaby98 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry, I meant the 2 wire on/off switch next to the main 6-pin harness. I had cut the switch and spliced the wires together and sent it to ground. Bad idea!!!
bigbaby98 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Not wire h2/2
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Yea, those are only supposed to be connected together, not to a ground. I don't know whether the signal is + or -, but it's a open / closed loop through the switch.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
bigbaby98 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2013 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I used the bitwriter to "zap" the system to defaults so I could reprogram it like I wanted but now I cannot get the system to learn the remotes. I cannot get it to pair mode. The control center light is solid blue. I unplugged the entire system and let it sit for about 5 minutes, the light went out of course, plugged it back in and the light is still on and won't allow me to pair the remotes. Any suggestions or guidance would be helpful. Thanks!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2013 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Try turning the ignition on then off...then press and release the button on the control center once. That should turn off the LED.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
if by chance you locked the alarm with the bitwrier after programming, you need to unlock the alarm with the bitwriter be for it will go into transmitter learn routine.
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
bigbaby98 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
The bitwriter won't allow me to write to the system without a programmed transmitter. Is there another way?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Nope...Need to program a remote to the unit.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
bigbaby98 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
I figured that smokeman1 that's why I was trying to figure out if there is something I can do to reset the brain. It won't allow me to get in and program a remote. It just keeps the control center light on. Side note: Last night I left it plugged in and when I went out this morning the light was off. I tried programming but no luck.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic