the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5904 and chrysler 300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

Did you try to turn the ignition on then off, then pressing the button on the control center to turn off the LED. Try it with the door open when you turn the ignition on/off. If that does not work, try with the door closed since I don't know if you have Pos or Neg door triggers.  The brain needs to see a door trigger and 12volts at the ignition 1 wire.

The LED went out after overnight because it went into a power saving mode.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure you are doing the remote pairing procedures correctly?  I just paired a remote to a bench test unit I have, after I ZAPed it with my BitWriter. Paired up no problem.

You have to set the remote up to be paired and then set the brain up and then pair them. If not done correctly on both pieces, it will not work. 

Again the brain has to see a door trigger, Neg or Pos, and 12 volts on the Ignition 1 wire.

smokeman1 
Posted: March 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried to pair the remotes by turning the ignition on, BUT don't turn it off, and then follow the pairing procedure?  It might be incorrect to turn the ignition on then off.
bigbaby98 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2013 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Okay peeps, after having the unit tested at a friend's shop, it was discovered that the brain was defective. I am in the process of receiving another from DEI. I will let you know how that goes.
bigbaby98 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Update: DEI overnighted the new brain. Plugged it in and voila...we have success!!! Thanks peeps for all of your help and suggestions. Next add-ons will be window modules and 516L.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic