icon

2005 corolla, parking lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
corear 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

Okay, I have everything installed and working with a few minor issues.

This one cannot be helped with my car and this particular alarm.  My alarm has a feature where it turned the parking lights on for 60 seconds when you disarm the alarm...I guess so you can see your car when you unlock it and wak up to it.  Anyway, when I open the door, the car has the high-pitched continuous beep like I left the headlights (or Parking Lights) on.  It's the alarm triggering the lights for the 60 seconds so my car will beep every time I enter the vehicle until I close the door, turn on the ignition, or wait the full 60 seconds.  Oh well, I can deal with that.

I still have a question on this issue...

Fo the Door Open Tigger, I am using the RED / White wire in the Dome Light switch on the dash.  My alarm can lock all the doors when I turn the ignition On, but it doesn't do it because my Dome Light stays on for 15 seconds after I enter the vehicle.  If I wait the 15 seconds and turn the car on, it does lock all the doors.  It behaves this way whether I have the Dome Light set to On or Off...I have to wait the 15 seconds.  So, basically, I would get in my car and start the car, but the doors don't lock making the feature unusable.

Is there another location where I can monitor if any of the doora are open?  What about monitoring the light on the Instrument panel?

THANKS!!!

corear 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, my Parking Lights now work.  The fuse had blown out.
corear 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

I was just thinking (and more hoping) I could use a Diode to keep my car (2005 Toyota Corolla XRS) from beeping when my alarm (Omega AL-100F) turned on the Parking Lights for 60 seconds when I disarm the alarm.  I was hoping a Diode would block the signal from coming back toward the headlight switch.

Does anyone have any suggestions there?

THANKS!!!

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
Where are you getting the parking light wire? If you get it from the switch it simulates you turning them on, thus making the buzzer sound. try using a positive light wire on the bulb circuit itself( DKP, green, find the wire running to the rear park lights) and it probably will stop. As for the door trigger, you could always grab the 4 door pin wires and isolate them. This trigger is instant, no delay...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
corear 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

I'm using the Green + Parking Light Wire in the driver kick panel that is in the wire bundle running to the rear of the car.  I will try a Diode that I'm hoping will block the signal from making the beep.  I am concerned this will also affect the front Parking Lights from coming on at all.  I'll let everyone know how it goes there.

I saw another post that says I can use a RED / Yellow wire for the Door Open trigger.  I'll check that out and let everyone know for that one too.

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
What exactly is your plan with the diode? I don't see how a diode would change anything unless you plan on cutting your factory wire. If that is the case, what size diode are you planning on using? I think a relay would be better for what you are trying to do... but even then I don't think it will work.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yea i agree a diode isn't gonna do you any good because it will stop voltage from getting to the front parking lights. I'm surprised that you have the problem you have honestly, but you may have to live with it...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
corear 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah.  I agree that the Diode approach will most likely not work.

I was just hoping someone has run into this before...and had a solution too.

Is it common for an alarm to turn the Parking Lights on for a full 60 seconds solid when first disarming the alarm?  I guess it's just to help light your way as you walk to your car at night or to put you in more obvious view.

I've only installed one alarm and two keyless entry systems before this alarm (all Toyotas with ignition T-harnesses to help).  So, I guess I've done 4 installs total now.  The keyless entry systems didn't turn on the parking lights, and my other car didn't beep if the parking lights were on while the driver door was open and the key out of the ignition.

I may check out a few configurations with a Diode and let everyone know the behavior.  The behavior will at least give me more insight on how it's wired from the factory.

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure you are using the parking light output and not the dome light output? The domelight does normally stay on for 60 seconds or so on disarm... parking lights don't normally... but anything is possible.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
corear 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2013 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Yes.  I am 100% sure I'm using the Parking Light output and not the dome light output.  My alarm doesn't have a dome light output.  And, my alarm manual says that it turned the Parking Lights on for 60 seconds as a feature (that can't be turned off).
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic